Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am generally pleased w my xd pro 4x cummins and I am considering a body lift vs suspension...i just want clearance for larger tyres 305' i beleive they work out to 35"

Anyone do a body lift?

I am working on getting a front bumper made we just neex to test some things with nissan sensors to see about placement.

·
601 Posts
Don’t believe anyone makes a body lift for the XD. Even if they did unless I am doing 38” plus tires I would do a suspension lift. Cost to install a complete body lift would be expensive. The highest body lift is 3”. I would do Rough Country’s 3” or 6” lift or if you want more of a off road suspension do the Icon.

If someone made one I wouldn’t do it
My 2 cents

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Don’t believe anyone makes a body lift for the XD. Even if they did unless I am doing 38” plus tires I would do a suspension lift. Cost to install a complete body lift would be expensive. The highest body lift is 3”. I would do Rough Country’s 3” or 6” lift or if you want more of a off road suspension do the Icon.

If someone made one I wouldn’t do it
My 2 cents
Really? I've installed a few body lifts in my time. Relatively easy and very inexpensive.
Of course this was back in the 80s & 90s... :grin2:

·
601 Posts
Really? I've installed a few body lifts in my time. Relatively easy and very inexpensive.
Of course this was back in the 80s & 90s... :grin2:
Yep you noticed I said a complete body lift. Not just a box of bolts, washers and body lift pucks. I did research into a body lift for the Toyota Tundra and after reading the instructions “No thanks” people who had done them said it took longer to do the body lift than there suspension lift.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Yep you noticed I said a complete body lift. Not just a box of bolts, washers and body lift pucks. I did research into a body lift for the Toyota Tundra and after reading the instructions “No thanks” people who had done them said it took longer to do the body lift than there suspension lift.
Yeah I'm willing to bet there is more involved with modern trucks. The old 80s Chevy/GMCs were pretty easy.
About the hardest thing on those was extending the steering rod.
I've done a few GMs with friends in an afternoon. Also did a few 80s Toyotas pretty easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts