Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm usually a tank half full type of guy...lol. Apparently yesterday when I hit just between 1/8 and 1/4 of a tank (no low lights)...I started getting long cranks. Thankfully I was actually at the fuel station when it stalled completely. After glancing at my receipt and squeezing every last drop I could in, it read 21 gallons. Guess I have a date with the service dept. which more than likely will result in a new pickup assembly or adjustment internally. I remember another poster with the same issue. Wonder if their issue was resolved. At least I caught this now vs when I head out for 3k mile trip in September, could have been a bummer.

BigRed

·
570 Posts
Jeez, I guess 26 gallons was just too much fuel to carry around in Nissans eyes.

Hope they resolve it and seriously consider a bigger tank in the future. It would be annoying to have to fill up before I even had to pee.

·
1,979 Posts
There should be at least 3-4 gallons in the tank when the light comes on. On the previous Titans Nissan had the light come on way early.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol Thanks^^^

Talked to the service manager and the said fuel pumps are about 7days out, and any extra parts are a longer wait. My appt is Aug 5th...by choice, because I'm in the process of building a 32X48X15 polebarn and need it to move equipment and materials. Can't afford to not have a truck the next two weeks. For now, I'll keep it at a 1/2 or above. I'll post pics when all done;)

BigRed

·
904 Posts
Lol Thanks^^^

Talked to the service manager and the said fuel pumps are about 7days out, and any extra parts are a longer wait. My appt is Aug 5th...by choice, because I'm in the process of building a 32X48X15 polebarn and need it to move equipment and materials. Can't afford to not have a truck the next two weeks. For now, I'll keep it at a 1/2 or above. I'll post pics when all done;)

BigRed

Did he mention if this was an updated fuel pump to correct this concern?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did he mention if this was an updated fuel pump to correct this concern?
I'll check with them when I drop it off. My truck is literally the first one being extensively worked at this shop, but talking to some of the guys, they know a thing or two and own other makes of diesel trucks. It's hopefully a swap and done, there is no tank deformation or other performance issues like low initial pressure or bleed back. Always starts great, but confirmed for a second time that just a needle's width below a 1/4, with no low fuel light....ya get long cranks then ultimately a stall. Upon fill up, ya just kick the ignition on, wait the 90sec to prime the system, then crank and good to go.

BigRed

·
26 Posts
Been there done that, waited, heard all apologies I could stand, still no resolve.
Dealer had to buy that POS back so that I could move
Good luck bro
NISSAN really doesn't care

·
93 Posts
Been there done that, waited, heard all apologies I could stand, still no resolve.
Dealer had to buy that POS back so that I could move
Good luck bro
NISSAN really doesn't care

Hey XDtacticalnut, I get that you're really upset over your XD experience and I'd probably feel the same way if I'd have been through what you've been through, but is there an end to replying to every thread in the forum talking about your experience? It's not super valuable or polite to co-opt threads that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,265 Posts
Does the date of manufacture have anything to do with this?

I've run my truck down real low and never had an issue. Is it the earliest manufacture dates the ones with the fuel pump issue?????

·
904 Posts
I've run my truck down real low and never had an issue. Is it the earliest manufacture dates the ones with the fuel pump issue?????

It is very possible that it is related to early production units only. It may be related to a certain batch of fuel pumps. That is why there is sometimes product updates that only apply to a specific VIN range.

·
147 Posts
I've run mine pretty low as well with no issues. The most ive added at the pump is 23.5 gals, so was down to ~2.5 gallons. My SL has a mfr'd date of 4/16.

·
903 Posts
Purchased mine in January so it is an early production model. I have had this issue twice in 6 months. I try to keep over half tank. I feel that there is a flaw.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts