Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drive it at around 25% throttle, its like the RTCV is confused as to which turbo it needs to be directing exhaust. I can hear the surging/popping sound from the exhaust when it happens. I can feel the truck surging as well. I have looked at the data logs that Ive sent my tuner and right when the issue happens, the low pressure turbo drops boost pressure slightly. Like clockwork. Been through multiple revisions of tunes and nothing. Ive pulled the exhaust gas pressure sensor and cleaned that. Cleaned the MAF sensor. Unplugged EGR and Throttle body. Confirmed that the RTCV rotates freely when engine is off. Here is what I'm talking about from the log.
Slope Font Rectangle Electric blue Pattern
Slope Font Rectangle Electric blue Pattern

·
1,158 Posts
Deleted. AMDP tunes.
Gotcha.

I’ve never heard of that tuner before. However, when the first tunes starting rolling out for these trucks, this was a common issue. All of the tunes that I was aware of made a revision for that issue.

I have two different tuners, my first set was PPEI and it would do this all the time, especially on cruise control.

Maybe you tuner can reach out to another tuner for some advice?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha.

I’ve never heard of that tuner before. However, when the first tunes starting rolling out for these trucks, this was a common issue. All of the tunes that I was aware of made a revision for that issue.

I have two different tuners, my first set was PPEI and it would do this all the time, especially on cruise control.

Maybe you tuner can reach out to another tuner for some advice?
Yes! I've had issues with cruise control as well. It's happened twice where I'll be in cruise and then the turbo builds boost and let's go in a rhythm. Then it'll pop a traction control light. What tunes fixed your issue?

·
1,158 Posts
Yes! I've had issues with cruise control as well. It's happened twice where I'll be in cruise and then the turbo builds boost and let's go in a rhythm. Then it'll pop a traction control light. What tunes fixed your issue?
It was a revision they put out to all users- few years ago now.

·
2017 Titan XD SV
33 Posts
I had a similar issue this last summer and it actually was the air cleaner that had imploded and was causing all sorts of weird readings on my app! I installed a new air cleaner and all runs great again!!

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a similar issue this last summer and it actually was the air cleaner that had imploded and was causing all sorts of weird readings on my app! I installed a new air cleaner and all runs great again!!
Im running the stock air cleaner box but with a K&N drop in filter. You think that would mess things up?

·
2018 Titan XD Diesel
21 Posts
When I drive it at around 25% throttle, its like the RTCV is confused as to which turbo it needs to be directing exhaust. I can hear the surging/popping sound from the exhaust when it happens. I can feel the truck surging as well. I have looked at the data logs that Ive sent my tuner and right when the issue happens, the low pressure turbo drops boost pressure slightly. Like clockwork. Been through multiple revisions of tunes and nothing. Ive pulled the exhaust gas pressure sensor and cleaned that. Cleaned the MAF sensor. Unplugged EGR and Throttle body. Confirmed that the RTCV rotates freely when engine is off. Here is what I'm talking about from the log. View attachment 46933 View attachment 46933
Vacuum pump may be clogged which will cause it to collapse. Did you tow a kit prior to delete? And how much oil are you running 10quarts? If you overfil these engines the oil goes places it’s not supposed to

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vacuum pump may be clogged which will cause it to collapse. Did you tow a kit prior to delete? And how much oil are you running 10quarts? If you overfil these engines the oil goes places it’s not supposed to
I towed a little bit before the delete but nothing crazy. I did pull the exhaust gas pressure sensor and cleaned it. I blew a little compressed air into the tube that connects to the exhaust manifold. I wonder if I should pull that tube off completely and make 100% sure its clear? The truck also does that crazy traction control light crap where the truck shifts hard as hell every once in a while. That seemed like the cause for that issue as well. What a stupid turbo system on this engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts