Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on almost 500 miles on my XD Diesel. I have looked at the Owners manual and it indicates to work the truck. Does anyone have recommendations on breaking in the truck?

·
262 Posts
work it but don't stress it...

I am working on almost 500 miles on my XD Diesel. I have looked at the Owners manual and it indicates to work the truck. Does anyone have recommendations on breaking in the truck?
Yeah, I believe the manual says something like break it in "under load". Given its capabilities the only way I could summarize it would be to work it but don't stress it.

Work it through its RPM range without letting it sit in any one place to long. Started break-in on mine with an 800 mile run with 400 on the odometer. Approx sea level to 5500 ft on Interstate up 80 mph briefly to let it stretch its legs.

This week on a run for a week or so from 4400 ft to 10,000 ft in Cedar Breaks National Monument with a 3500 lb travel trailer in tow. Using it through the gears, varying speeds, etc. That 3500 lbs is all its likely to see for longer distances over its lifetime, but 40 mph headwinds "loads" it a bit more. So, I think it's "under load" and should be ready for heavier duty at ~6000 miles. City traffic, grocery getting, shuttling the kids to school, etc. would not be the proper kind of "load"! These trucks are meant to be "worked".

I used to tow 13k 5th wheel with my other truck and the XD is rated just under that, but downsized trailers a few years ago.

Reactions: TitanCowboy

·
1,979 Posts
Go to the nearest mobile home park & hook up a single wide. Seriously though, get some weight behind it as soon as possible.

·
1,310 Posts
Go to the nearest mobile home park & hook up a single wide. Seriously though, get some weight behind it as soon as possible.
As a Tennessee Volunteers fan, that trailer park won't be hard to find!

We have to have a place for all the mullet having, tree killing, sister loving Alabama fans to stay when they come to our state to fraudulently obtain prescription medication!!! Lol

·
658 Posts
We have to have a place for all the mullet having, tree killing, sister loving Alabama fans to stay when they come to our state to fraudulently obtain prescription medication!!! Lol
We Bammers appreciate it too! Where do you think i met my sister... err wife?!?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts