Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2018 Titan XD Diesel
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure how much this weighed. I'm guessing the 22' trailer is probably 5,000# - single wheels/axle not dual. The max payload on the VIN sticker is 17,500#. There are 10 bales on the trailer - probably 850# - 875# each. They were dry, barn stored. So on the low end it's probably 13,500#. That's a '18 diesel SV. Pulled it just fine and believe it or not recorded 12mpg on the dash (for what that's worth!). It was back country roads and speeds 45 - 50mph.

·
16 Posts
Nice! That's some fine mileage you got.

I'll be doing that a lot this coming season with my new-to-me 2018 SL Cummins. But probably with more bales per load. Shhhhh.... ;)

Last year I produced 174 round bales and over 1000 square bales. I have another 25 acres in rotation for hay this year, so that'll go up.

·
2018 Titan XD Diesel
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I was going to pull hay all the time, I'd load that trailer differently. There's was too much weight behind the trailer's axles. Every little dip in the road it was wanting to lift up the back of the truck. I'd stack 2 levels up front and perhaps not put any where those couple are laying flat on their face. As it was, I only had to go 20 miles and wanted to get this home and in the barn before it started sleeting. So it was load and go-go!

·
16 Posts
If I was going to pull hay all the time, I'd load that trailer differently. There's was too much weight behind the trailer's axles. Every little dip in the road it was wanting to lift up the back of the truck. I'd stack 2 levels up front and perhaps not put any where those couple are laying flat on their face.
Yeah, it does look light on the tongue. I think you could put 2 down and one on top back to the axle, or four more bales on top. That would probably be a hefty load for that truck. We pull with a semi for the large field loads, but the smaller field loads the Nissan will be more practical.

·
104 Posts
Not really sure how much this weighed. I'm guessing the 22' trailer is probably 5,000# - single wheels/axle not dual. The max payload on the VIN sticker is 17,500#. There are 10 bales on the trailer - probably 850# - 875# each. They were dry, barn stored. So on the low end it's probably 13,500#. That's a '18 diesel SV. Pulled it just fine and believe it or not recorded 12mpg on the dash (for what that's worth!). It was back country roads and speeds 45 - 50mph.

View attachment 46060
Haha hell yeah, glad to see someone else actually work this truck. But be careful if you get in your feels easily, the weight police is about to show up full force lmao

·
16 Posts
Haha hell yeah, glad to see someone else actually work this truck. But be careful if you get in your feels easily, the weight police is about to show up full force lmao
I bought it as a farm truck, and it'll be put to work. I have hauled some .... uh ..."unsanctioned" loads with my former Silverado 1500, and slow and steady got shit done, Just like a tractor.

·
30 Posts
Just saw this thread. Farming brings my only concern I have about this truck. Bought a new tractor and whenever I eventually have to haul it in for service it will without a doubt bust the tow rating on the truck. I figure 9000lbs for the tractor/loader and another 4,900lbs for the trailer. Sticker rating on the truck is right at 12,000 I think.

I'm sorely tempted to just keep the truck and hook it and go when the time comes. 40 mile straight shot from my gate to the dealer with only a single left hand turn. Really don't want to drop the 60k-70K for a new truck that will just get beat up again on the farm.

·
2018 Titan XD Diesel
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just saw this thread. Farming brings my only concern I have about this truck. Bought a new tractor and whenever I eventually have to haul it in for service it will without a doubt bust the tow rating on the truck. I figure 9000lbs for the tractor/loader and another 4,900lbs for the trailer. Sticker rating on the truck is right at 12,000 I think.

I'm sorely tempted to just keep the truck and hook it and go when the time comes. 40 mile straight shot from my gate to the dealer with only a single left hand turn. Really don't want to drop the 60k-70K for a new truck that will just get beat up again on the farm.
I don’t know what kind of tractor you have but I would go for it. You can always remove the bucket from the loader. That Should save you about 500 pounds. The thing is, the truck never looks like it’s overloaded and at least in Georgia they seem to leave farmers alone. I wouldn’t pull that load cross country but for what you’re talking about, I wouldn’t worry. These things are beasts!

·
30 Posts
I don’t know what kind of tractor you have but I would go for it. You can always remove the bucket from the loader. That Should save you about 500 pounds. The thing is, the truck never looks like it’s overloaded and at least in Georgia they seem to leave farmers alone. I wouldn’t pull that load cross country but for what you’re talking about, I wouldn’t worry. These things are beasts!
You’re correct. Tractor is a Kioti RX7320. Bucket is listed at 428 pounds.

Texas is reasonable about farm equipment. Full immunity from any CDL hassles if within 150 miles of your farm.

·
104 Posts

I’ve pulled that weight all day before several times and the truck loves it haha. I wouldn’t hesitate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts