Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It is Nissan that approves the warranty on the engine. Once it is determined that there was a failure of the engine typically Nissan will ask the customer to provide records to indicate that regular oil changes were done and as long as they were the warranty is approved. In rare cases they may ask for more of an inspection before proceeding.
Have you dealt with this first hand?

·
138 Posts
Your engine was built in January of 2016 and has the old crank. What tune are you running and for how long? Are you doing oil analysis?

Thanks.
nissan is just sending my first oil analysis as we speak from last week. 8000KM on amsoil 5-40 FYI.
My tune is from a guy who writes custom tunes up by Edmonton Alberta via ez lynk. So far so good. No issues at all.

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
nissan is just sending my first oil analysis as we speak from last week. 8000KM on amsoil 5-40 FYI.
My tune is from a guy who writes custom tunes up by Edmonton Alberta via ez lynk. So far so good. No issues at all.
I'm in Edmonton myself. I recall you had a post about getting it done at CCS. Where is Nissan sending your oil analysis? And when are you expecting to get the results back? I'd love to compare your numbers to mine.

I had an Ecodiesel that was tuned by Green Diesel Engineering before I bought my first XD. The Ecodiesel was tuned right from the start. The tune disabled the EGR but wasn't deleted. Still the fuel mileage was noticeably better and regens were happing much less often. It also used less DEF than with the stock tune. My oil analysis reports were squeaky clean, mostly because the EGR was disabled. Please share your analysis report when you get it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks.

·
138 Posts
I'm in Edmonton myself. I recall you had a post about getting it done at CCS. Where is Nissan sending your oil analysis? And when are you expecting to get the results back? I'd love to compare your numbers to mine.

I had an Ecodiesel that was tuned by Green Diesel Engineering before I bought my first XD. The Ecodiesel was tuned right from the start. The tune disabled the EGR but wasn't deleted. Still the fuel mileage was noticeably better and regens were happing much less often. It also used less DEF than with the stock tune. My oil analysis reports were squeaky clean, mostly because the EGR was disabled. Please share your analysis report when you get it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks.
ill definitely share as where nissan is sending it I forgot but will post it. I would hope to have them back soon.
So far so good. Mine is tight she feels new still.

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here are my details
just about to hit 600k
fully deleted.
oil change 5w-40 every 12,000 KMS
Not one issue ever.
View attachment 44783

View attachment 44782
Must be a typo... likely 60K.

It's funny. My early 2016 build XD that was written off (teenage girl turned left right in front of me) had better oil reports than my 2018. I posted my 2018 result earlier here. Here's the 2016. Big difference between the two is I unplugged the EGR in the 2016 when I wasn't towing.

I'm really curious to see a report from a deleted XD.

·
138 Posts
That’s awesome!! I don’t do the social media thing, but I would love to hear what sort of maintenance you conduct/intervals. Did you delete the EGR or just disable?
Something interesting came up on Facebook from someone who’s following all these posts. He said it’s not the very early first batch that are breaking it’s the new version of the crank. Now if this is the case and a lot of issues were caused by a open injector is it a manufacturer issue. I checked my harness wiring and there all okay but I could see how if something changed just through vibration you could rub the wire clean thus causing a short in that injector. Is that the harness issue or am I way off

·
238 Posts
These forums are a FORM of social media. This is hardly on the scale of fb & glad about that.

·
465 Posts
Before we derail this thread completely- is love hear the maintenance on that 600k XD and also the ‘theory’ from FB group about the newer cranks being the bad batch.

Also, where is the weak spot for the injector harnesses? I’d like to give mine a look over, but not sure if it’s from ECM all the way to injectors or just near the injectors. Any input?

·
238 Posts
^^^For sure! Yes, let's hear about that 600k maintenance program and some instructions on how to check that harness! Now THAT"S what a (this) forum (and this form of social media platform) is all about!!

·
25 Posts
2016 XD Pro-4X
I have the old crankshaft part number with an engine build date of 2016-07-12. I just deleted and tuned at 42,500 miles and a fresh batch of oil. Zero engine related issues so far with a healthy combo of city/interstate driving. Mostly a daily commuter but have also done some towing, to include 13k pound bumper pull across multiple states....on completely stock set-up. I plan on pulling oil analysis at 5,000 deleted/tuned miles.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts