Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
929 Posts
well my dealership skirted that one - in Colorado the vehicle needs to be in 4 times or more than ~10 days out of service.
They declared that my issues are not reparable and that 2 regens a tank and 12 mpg is not a problem. I think after driving hard for 30 miles at 65 mph should not need a regen after sitting in minor traffic sitting at a light.
Just saying - love the truck, hate the truck and I tell as many people as i can to stay away from Nissan, The CEO is a crook and their tech is the worst. I have a 2010 Honda with a better nav and bluetooth system and I can see the gauges in my Honda - the gear lever blocks out half of my radio/nav buttons when driving.
Just delete the truck and problem solved. Why continue with emissions problems when you can spend $1500 and problem fixed?

·
23 Posts
Just turned 12k miles on mine had since June 2018. This POS regens every week still like clockwork. Only drive ~5 miles to work each day city. Dealer said everything is fine last oil change / fuel filter change @ 10K miles.
I like some others here did not read into the "facts" about owning a diesel. Jokes on me I guess. It's frustrating.

Tried to trade it in a few months ago, and would of taken a 10k bath.

I do tow a boat with it (not often enough I guess)

Thankfully, I don't have the smell in the cab.

Wanna go the delete route, but terrified an issue arises after I did it.

Just rollin with the punches.

·
271 Posts
They declared that my issues are not reparable and that 2 regens a tank and 12 mpg is not a problem. I think after driving hard for 30 miles at 65 mph should not need a regen after sitting in minor traffic sitting at a light.
Depends if the soot load is low before you start driving (scan gauge 2 can monitor that) then it shouldn't regen. if you started driving with high soot load, then it could activate active regen regardless if you are driving highway or towing.

·
66 Posts
I deleted mine at 1,200 miles roughly on the odometer. Now at 6700 mostly stop and go driving, no issues to report. Traded out the original oil and filter at 5k for Amsoil products. If anything blows up I’ll let y’all know.

·
97 Posts
I’m barely getting ready to hit 5k on the clock and so far I haven’t seen a regen. With that being said, I don’t use the truck for daily driving much less city driving. Most of those miles are all highway miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
66 Posts
I’m barely getting ready to hit 5k on the clock and so far I haven’t seen a regen. With that being said, I don’t use the truck for daily driving much less city driving. Most of those miles are all highway miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not attacking you or saying your wrong, but that might not be a good thing. Easy indicator of regen is higher idle speed(750) when coming to a stop and sitting at a light in drive, and poor fuel mileage. Some people smell a strong smell as well.
This is from the technical manual for our truck.

“The engine ECM also contains a time-based feature for active regenerations, which is used to verify correct
operation when the vehicle duty cycle is typically high enough that active regeneration events are not neces-
sary.
• If the engine has not completed an active regeneration within the last 24 hours of operation, the engine ECM
will call for a time-based active regeneration event.
• The 24-hour timer resets each time the ECM detects that an active regeneration event has completed.”

·
155 Posts
too funny. excuse after excuse for these trucks. Mine was bought back a month ago, afterover 2 years dealing with legal teams. Owned several newer Ford F250's, never had all this crying about "load the truck up" and all this other wild snit about a diesel engine. And while these Nissan lovers can create excuse after excuse for it, what you can not do, is duplicate the settlement I got when you trade your truck in. So hate some more.

·
Banned
356 Posts
too funny. excuse after excuse for these trucks. Mine was bought back a month ago, afterover 2 years dealing with legal teams. Owned several newer Ford F250's, never had all this crying about "load the truck up" and all this other wild snit about a diesel engine. And while these Nissan lovers can create excuse after excuse for it, what you can not do, is duplicate the settlement I got when you trade your truck in. So hate some more.
Then why are you here? Just asking. You hate the trucks, hate on those of us who like them (I think they are no better or worse than any new truck, and I have owned many different manufacturers trucks bought new), and come in here to troll. Is your life so devoid of things to do that you find this gives you meaning? I owned a Chevy Colorado Diesel I bought new. I didnt care for it for my own reasons. Know what I dont spend time doing now? Going into their forums and trash talking it. Know why? Because that would be fucking retarded. Hmm, I think I just answered the question I posed at the beginning....

·
66 Posts
Hahahahahahaha! Well put! Same reasons I keep making excuses for my wife that keeps cheating on me, a getting new one is more expensive and getting rid of the old one will cause some reverse equity. Also no sense going into a new one cause of all the issues that bitch will have may be worst than the current.
Then why are you here? Just asking. You hate the trucks, hate on those of us who like them (I think they are no better or worse than any new truck, and I have owned many different manufacturers trucks bought new), and come in here to troll. Is your life so devoid of things to do that you find this gives you meaning? I owned a Chevy Colorado Diesel I bought new. I didnt care for it for my own reasons. Know what I dont spend time doing now? Going into their forums and trash talking it. Know why? Because that would be fucking retarded. Hmm, I think I just answered the question I posed at the beginning....

·
41 Posts
Man their are trolls all over the Internet. Yep, if your experience with the XD was bad (and I’m not saying it wasn’t) I don’t blame you for wanting a buy back or at the very least, trade the truck and move on. It sounds like a few have had that type of experience. I hate that for any and all of you but I’ll never understand what makes someone want to come here and trash current owners who either are working through their issues or not having any issues at all?

Life kind of sucks sometimes. No need to drag everyone else down with you.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts