Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Nissan Titan Diesel. I have a mechanic who can by pass instead of deleting. Would I get the same results by doing this as if I were doing a complete delete? Fuel mileage etc. Reason being is I have warranty obviously and if something goes wrong he can put everything back as is.

·
390 Posts
Isn’t a ‘bypass’ the same as a delete? All you’re doing with a delete is bypassing emissions equipment for better performance, overall.
If you mean NOT tuning, but disabling the emissions equipment- good luck.

·
253 Posts
Yes, agree with QuikCoastie17. A "tune" is a significant software modification of the ECM. The guys who do it right are pros (and deservedly so). It is a major hack job if you will and has to be spot on or you're screwed.

"Bypass" without changing the software and your going to light up the dash like a Christmas tree. Run away from anyone who even suggests this as they are likely talking out of their arse as our British friends say....

·
560 Posts
Okay... I hear that, but I won't be seeing it happening.

Unless, he meant "bypass" by using the tunes to permanently close the EGR valve instead of using CFT complete kit.

·
390 Posts
With that said- have you seen all those guys on the FB page that are running stock with the EGR unplugged? They screw getting great results, minus a touch more DEF consumption. That’s to be expected though.

·
531 Posts
When you unplug the EGR without tuning the engine derates after a while and you lose HP and MPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts