Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst experience and Product! Ordered level kit for 2016 TitanXd, I talked them on the phone prior and they were really knowledgable and helpful until they got my money$.... My kit was sent 5-7 days shipping. I requested a tracking number multiple times after day 12 I finally received it and found out they screwed up the shipping and it was returned. Then they didn't resend promptly and I had to keep calling. Once it was sent out and almost reached my house and it failed delivery cause they put wrong address on package. Delaying it even longer. It took over a month to receive package and no less than 10 calls to them.
Upon install I took it to my regular shop that has done lifts for me and my family and friends for years always do a great job. But as they were installing they found that the bolts on the spacers were welded off centre so they had to be cut off and re tacked. This added a significant cost to my install. I called Calmini about this issue and they told me they had heard this before! But then they side lined it and said my shop was probably lying so they could charge me more shop time. Funny cause he admitted I'm not the first person to complain about this product but tells me my installer is taking me for a ride. I then requested to be re-embursted for part of my sale or at least the shipping for all their screw ups and poor quality, and now I just get the run around. The guy in sales always says its out of his hands and the manager Owner is never available. Multiple messages have been left to return my calls but they are just too busy sales guy says, this has carried on a month since the install.
I DO NOT recommend this product or company there is way better. Rough Country was almost $100 cheaper for same equipment. Buyer Beware!

·
165 Posts
That is ridiculous. Sounds like some horrible customer service with a really amateur operation. I would be fuming. Thanks for the heads up man, sorry you had to go through that

·
129 Posts
I dealt with them on the phone as well and said I'd be sent some info and pics and never heard back so I went with rough country 2" lift. I received kit in under a week and it looks really well built. Haven't installed it yet but it's not surprising hearing this from the way they handled my business.

·
772 Posts
rough country has awesome customer service from what I've heard. they've had issues with upper control arms on the original titan and don't even ask for the wrong arms back, they just send the right stuff.

·
38 Posts
Worst experience and Product! Ordered level kit for 2016 TitanXd, I talked them on the phone prior and they were really knowledgable and helpful until they got my money$.... My kit was sent 5-7 days shipping. I requested a tracking number multiple times after day 12 I finally received it and found out they screwed up the shipping and it was returned. Then they didn't resend promptly and I had to keep calling. Once it was sent out and almost reached my house and it failed delivery cause they put wrong address on package. Delaying it even longer. It took over a month to receive package and no less than 10 calls to them.
Upon install I took it to my regular shop that has done lifts for me and my family and friends for years always do a great job. But as they were installing they found that the bolts on the spacers were welded off centre so they had to be cut off and re tacked. This added a significant cost to my install. I called Calmini about this issue and they told me they had heard this before! But then they side lined it and said my shop was probably lying so they could charge me more shop time. Funny cause he admitted I'm not the first person to complain about this product but tells me my installer is taking me for a ride. I then requested to be re-embursted for part of my sale or at least the shipping for all their screw ups and poor quality, and now I just get the run around. The guy in sales always says its out of his hands and the manager Owner is never available. Multiple messages have been left to return my calls but they are just too busy sales guy says, this has carried on a month since the install.
I DO NOT recommend this product or company there is way better. Rough Country was almost $100 cheaper for same equipment. Buyer Beware!
Now for our side of the story, the shipment was shipped out within our estimated lead time and it was returned to us due to an error via Fed-Ex once we received the parts back they were immediately sent back out that same day. The shipping address was incorrectly entered into our system but once we were made aware of the mistake we contacted Fed-Ex to correct it. At which point we were asked for compensation from the customer for they delays in shipping.

We were then contacted by the customer and he was claiming there were issues with the spacers. We explained that we had NOT had any issues with the 40-50 kits that we had shipped out not only to a number of different Nissan Dealers but retail customers as well. We asked if the shop had taken any pictures of the issues they were claiming and if so would they be able to forward them to us in order for our tech department to take a look at them.

We never claimed that the shop was trying to take the customer for a ride. The customer contacted us and was upset with what he was being told by the shop and was asking for compensation for what the shop was saying that they had to do. At which point the customer stated that he had taken the parts to his regular shop and that he had never had any issue with them. We explained that we understand this but all of the spacers that we have shipped out were built on the same fixture and that if we were having issues with one then we would be having issues with all of them and once again we would need pictures of the parts in order to see what was going on.

We are not looking to get in an argument over this our offer still stands if the customer would like to supply us with pictures we would be more than happy to take a look at them and go from there.

·
4 Posts
So, I had a slightly different experience with CALMINI that probably warrants mentioning. I ordered the 3" lift, and although shipped about 2 days later than expected the box arrived at the amended arrival time, and the install was scheduled at Blackjack Speed Shop here in San Antonio. The tech called with a question about reusing the OEM ball joints but got the info they needed out of the supplier and the install went forward without a hitch. I'm now driving a lifted XD, and I gotta tell you, it was worth the $. It looks substantially better without taking on cartoon like proportions, and I've experienced no discernible drop-off in performance. Nice little glute work-out when onboarding now too. I'll have her off-road again in a couple of weeks and let y'all know if there are any shortcomings with performance.

·
904 Posts
So, I had a slightly different experience with CALMINI that probably warrants mentioning. I ordered the 3" lift, and although shipped about 2 days later than expected the box arrived at the amended arrival time, and the install was scheduled at Blackjack Speed Shop here in San Antonio. The tech called with a question about reusing the OEM ball joints but got the info they needed out of the supplier and the install went forward without a hitch. I'm now driving a lifted XD, and I gotta tell you, it was worth the $. It looks substantially better without taking on cartoon like proportions, and I've experienced no discernible drop-off in performance. Nice little glute work-out when onboarding now too. I'll have her off-road again in a couple of weeks and let y'all know if there are any shortcomings with performance.
Pics please!

·
12 Posts
2" calmini leveling spacer only. 295 70 18 cooper STT pros. I work at a nissan dealer he said install was like an average leveling kit for at stack on spacer. Alignment is still a hair out on caster but drives straight and don't shake an rides good still. I stock calmini 2" spacers. Nice product just didn't accept AMX card so I had to mail a check before I got my kits. Be nice to charge lol. They were on point with tracking and getting me the kits. Now I've send 3 emails about some more information and my cost of. Products and was told I could get a updated list of items and they have adjustable lift struts (like icon) but more affordable but I never recieved anything about it. Love the ride and the product tho. I did have to trim about 3in tall x 4ish in wide space on the rear inner fender liner and my tires barley touch the upper control arms after alignment they are like a 1/8in away now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
2" calmini leveling spacer only. 295 70 18 cooper STT pros. I work at a nissan dealer he said install was like an average leveling kit for at stack on spacer. Alignment is still a hair out on caster but drives straight and don't shake an rides good still. I stock calmini 2" spacers. Nice product just didn't accept AMX card so I had to mail a check before I got my kits. Be nice to charge lol. They were on point with tracking and getting me the kits. Now I've send 3 emails about some more information and my cost of. Products and was told I could get a updated list of items and they have adjustable lift struts (like icon) but more affordable but I never recieved anything about it. Love the ride and the product tho. I did have to trim about 3in tall x 4ish in wide space on the rear inner fender liner and my tires barley touch the upper control arms after alignment they are like a 1/8in away now.
Looks a bit better on the pro4x a little more even. But I'm still partial to the rough country 2" front 1" rear. Especially for the money

Attachments

·
12 Posts
$110 ain't a bad price + when I ordered these kits they were the only ones I could find lol. Probably going to do the upper control arms next and I need some step rails (short ppl problems)

·
772 Posts
$110 ain't a bad price + when I ordered these kits they were the only ones I could find lol. Probably going to do the upper control arms next and I need some step rails (short ppl problems)
why do the UCA's? I doubt you'll gain any travel. At full droop does the UCA hit the spring?

Get the ICON setup with coilovers and uppers.:devil:

MORE LEVELED XD's!! I'm looking at one, so insanely tempting especially with the price drops.

·
174 Posts
If you don't mind me asking about how long did the install take and what was the rough cost to have it installed by your shop? Also any update on performance or pictures of your setup? Im curious on how it looks. I really want to put a 3 inch lift on my titan, because the 6 inch is to much for me personally. I want rough country to come out with one because I've always used their products, but they haven't yet so Im curious about Calmini's kit. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts