Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see some camper picts, truck, trailer or just of tent site with truck, get outdoors....

Here are some to start off. Traveling through AR and stopped on forest road in Ouachita National Forest for the night.

After a day a Crater of Diamonds State Park, parked at Daisy State Park 2nd night.

Saw this on a truck modded by Hellwig up for SEMA Show

post up yours...

·
111 Posts
This thing has been from my home base in Indiana to Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, charleston, and several trips to the smokys-Its getting too small for my family of 5- now that I have the truck I'm ready to upgrade the camper.

Attachments

·
51 Posts
Lets see some camper picts, truck, trailer or just of tent site with truck, get outdoors....

Here are some to start off. Traveling through AR and stopped on forest road in Ouachita National Forest for the night.

After a day a Crater of Diamonds State Park, parked at Daisy State Park 2nd night.

post up yours...
What year make and model is your camper. Looks like it fits perfect.

·
1,300 Posts
Put some subs in that camper. lol
Oh there is LOL. Maybe I'll pull out the bunk room and make it Sub Room...

No I haven't got airbags yet. I need to get some tho, called around yesterday actually, Not one set in Edmonton no one has any in stock.. Kind of a joke really lol P*sses me off.

I hate parts stores that don't stock sh*t, I always seem to get the, ya we can get it but its 2 weeks away. So I tell them to go pound sand and I head over to the old googleweb and find Amazon Prime and get my parts the next day thanks lol and their usually cheaper.

I'm way to impatient, and they wonder why people don't support local business hahahah

·
507 Posts
Oh there is LOL. Maybe I'll pull out the bunk room and make it Sub Room...
I hate parts stores that don't stock sh*t, I always seem to get the, ya we can get it but its 2 weeks away. So I tell them to go pound sand and I head over to the old googleweb and find Amazon Prime and get my parts the next day thanks lol and they're usually cheaper.
I'm way to impatient, and they wonder why people don't support local business hahahah

My exact problem with buying local, local stores make it hard to buy from. They can order it, but so can I, for less.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My camper is a 2006 FWC - Four Wheel Camper Hawk model, lightweight aluminium frame only 670lbs dry. I picked it up used a few years ago used, a great find, a little cramped with the 4 of us in there sleeping but works for a dry place that is better than a tent on the ground in my opinion.
I was originally wanting an silver Titan but after getting this white one think it is a better fit with the camper and the stripe on camper matches the lower dark on the truck.

·
1,300 Posts
Man I wish I could still camp. Our trailer is winterized and put away for the winter. Gets down to -5c already at night here. Had 6" of snow last week lol bullsh*t.

Reactions: Jtp

·
507 Posts

Love your camper. Probably a little too small for me, the wife, and 3 Danes, but I really like it anyway.
Great concept.

·
1,300 Posts
Man I wish I could still camp. Our trailer is winterized and put away for the winter. Gets down to -5c already at night here. Had 6" of snow last week lol bullsh*t.
That sucks.
This is the best time if the year to camp in the US.

I know!!! We can normally camp here till end of October but this year it's been a quick turn from fall. I'll take it tho.. the colder and the more snow the better for me. More equipment breaking means more coin in my pocket.

·
291 Posts
Just got to tough it out!

We went to lake Louise two weekends ago during the big snowfall, and last weekend to crown land boondocking. It's more work than summer for sure, but camping during a fresh snow carries a certain romance (hot springs during snowfall is a unique experience), and even below zero there was never a night where we were cold. Our plumbing is winterized as well, but the rest still functions just the same. Little more work for the women at Pottie time, and extra clothing is a must, but it's doable. I think it's the best time of year with the changing leaf colours, and most campsites are completely empty now, which is nice, as you can pick the prime spots. You have to ventilate a bit to keep windows and walls from loading up with condensation, which is counter intuitive when your running the furnace, but it's a must so you can see outside. Oh, and dont put your awning out during a snowfall. Just don't.

There are a few places open year around with power hookups; we use an oil finned radiator style heater during the night instead of running the furnance, and most campsites that are open have heated washroom and showers on site. Paid all this money for a camper, we're going to use it!

·
291 Posts
And to add to the thread, this is me.

One of the largest attractions the XD was the ability to ride and handle smooth as any half-ton for day to day living, but having that extra ability for weekend events (without overkill), like in this picture, without either A: Coughing out big money for a new 3/4, or B: Buying a used 3/4 with an unknown history and having to likely sacrifice amenities. This XD's come well equipped with a lot of neat features. I regularly use the adjustable headlights, trailer light check, and no truck is a truck unless its equipped with a hitch and brake control, of which come standard on the XD in this trim. And now with the rebates and priced properly, they are in their niche area. Would like Nissan to promote them more; I too was a nay-sayer until I tried one. Hooked ever since.

Coming from probably the absolute worst towing setup (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, short wheel based, P rated tires, soft suspension and worn out steering components) to one of the best, I can't express that feeling of control, that sense of stability, all effortless that is obtained driving this vehicle, its truly in its element. I've towed a lot of stuff, and this truck is head and shoulders above any half-ton.

As the mileage racks up, I'm seeing improvements in both shift management as well as engine performance. In this setup, as is (including likely 200lbs of 'road debris', 6000lb camper, 600lb atv in bed, cab full of happy campers, travelling 105 kph (63 mph for southern'er's) my average was between 20-22 litres/100kms (20 on flat trips, 22 during rolling hilly terrain), or roughly 10 mpg for those with the new female to be president..

Attachments

·
1,300 Posts
and it's sitting on general grabber at2s.
That's Awesome !!!

Just got to tough it out!

We went to lake Louise two weekends ago during the big snowfall, and last weekend to crown land boondocking. It's more work than summer for sure, but camping during a fresh snow carries a certain romance (hot springs during snowfall is a unique experience), and even below zero there was never a night where we were cold. Our plumbing is winterized as well, but the rest still functions just the same. Little more work for the women at Pottie time, and extra clothing is a must, but it's doable. I think it's the best time of year with the changing leaf colours, and most campsites are completely empty now, which is nice, as you can pick the prime spots. You have to ventilate a bit to keep windows and walls from loading up with condensation, which is counter intuitive when your running the furnace, but it's a must so you can see outside. Oh, and dont put your awning out during a snowfall. Just don't.

There are a few places open year around with power hookups; we use an oil finned radiator style heater during the night instead of running the furnance, and most campsites that are open have heated washroom and showers on site. Paid all this money for a camper, we're going to use it!
I love the fall/early winter camping its great. Our trailer has the full belly wrap and heated tanks so we can go and enjoy it but for some reason this year trying to find the time to go out and camp is like trying to win the lotto lol. Keep dreaming in one hand or sh*t in the other, you all know what one gets filled first LOL

1 - 20 of 318 Posts