Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
64 Posts
A couple of shots of our GD Reflection 308BHTS. I'm using a Blue Ox SwayPro WD hitch with the 1,500 lb bars. It pulls good, but have to watch out for cross winds. I will be adding some Timbren SES soon. They are on the bench at home. Also, we plan a trip at Thanksgiving and one more at Christmas, so I'm hoping I can wait and winterize after the December jaunt.
Very nice, I hear good things about GD their products and support. You should consider a Hensley Arrow or a Propride hitch both totally eliminates the wind concern you mentioned.

I have a Hensley Arrow and wouldn’t want to tow without it. All sway or tail wag is eliminated by either hitch.

Enjoy your good lookin RV !

·
9 Posts
Very nice, I hear good things about GD their products and support. You should consider a Hensley Arrow or a Propride hitch both totally eliminates the wind concern you mentioned.

I have a Hensley Arrow and wouldn’t want to tow without it. All sway or tail wag is eliminated by either hitch.

Enjoy your good lookin RV !
Thanks! I've been looking at both of those hitches. Sometimes used ones can be found on craigslist. I will eventually get one unless we switch to a 5th wheel.

·
225 Posts
A couple of shots of our GD Reflection 308BHTS. I'm using a Blue Ox SwayPro WD hitch with the 1,500 lb bars. It pulls good, but have to watch out for cross winds. I will be adding some Timbren SES soon. They are on the bench at home. Also, we plan a trip at Thanksgiving and one more at Christmas, so I'm hoping I can wait and winterize after the December jaunt.

Nice camper!

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
May want to consider a true torsion bar system like the Husky TS Centerline for wind control. The Timbrens will help the truck but won't do much for the wind whipping the trailer. That's all in the WDS. I've played with many over the years when switching back and forth between bumper pulls and fifth wheels....never could get a "chain hung" WDS to "act right" all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Got a gooseneck hooked up for the first time. It’s a winter project we are refinishing over the next couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with a project fifth wheel. Bet you'll have her whipped into shape in no time. I envy you....my wife has become high maintenance lol and I can't buy, camp, and fix up "slick one owners" anymore. I love working on older RVs....the new ones break more than the older ones ?...but it's not fun work when they are new.

·
74 Posts
Nothing wrong with a project fifth wheel. Bet you'll have her whipped into shape in no time. I envy you....my wife has become high maintenance lol and I can't buy, camp, and fix up "slick one owners" anymore. I love working on older RVs....the new ones break more than the older ones ?...but it's not fun work when they are new.

Yeah this was just a distraction from having to do any work at the house :)

We had a 2019 Vengeance... great layout but dang, the quality was really poor. Things just falling off the walls literally.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts

Yeah this was just a distraction from having to do any work at the house /forum/images/CumminsTitan/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

We had a 2019 Vengeance... great layout but dang, the quality was really poor. Things just falling off the walls literally.

Yep..even the Cadillac of trailers Grand Design and Mobile Suites have issues too....pretty much of all of them for that matter. Sure miss my old 83 NuWa Hitchhiker???...I bought that unit used in 92 for 2500.00 from an older gentleman that kept it in showroom condition....never should have let it go...everything worked like a top and nothing ever broke that wasn't self inflicted....my new Forest River Hemisphere GLX on the other hand....well, if it didn't pull so well with the Lippert frame and axle set up under it I might have shot holes in it by now???

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Here is a VLOG of us picking up our new camper. Some shots and discussion while towing with the Nissan too.

https://youtu.be/X5Ym3VauQ24

It's taken me forever to get this thing done. Been having some health issues and of course the holidays.

Hope you enjoy the video.
Very cool and great looking rig! You did a ton of research and looks like it paid off. I really really like all the windows in the living room area on that unit. Very nice.

·
9 Posts
Here's our Work and Play toy hauler that I tow with my 2016 Titan XD. So far we've towed to the Smokey Mountains, New Mexico, the Texas Hill Country, Missouri, and multiple campgrounds in Arkansas. We have a trip to Yellowstone planned for next year. This will be our longest tow yet. I'm looking at adding an external fuel tank to carry more diesel before we make that trip. The Titan XD Diesel tows this heavy camper (loaded with 2 Harley's) with no problems at all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Here's our Work and Play toy hauler that I tow with my 2016 Titan XD. So far we've towed to the Smokey Mountains, New Mexico, the Texas Hill Country, Missouri, and multiple campgrounds in Arkansas. We have a trip to Yellowstone planned for next year. This will be our longest tow yet. I'm looking at adding an external fuel tank to carry more diesel before we make that trip. The Titan XD Diesel tows this heavy camper (loaded with 2 Harley's) with no problems at all.
They are heavy but they are extremely solid and well built as I'm sure you know. Great looking unit.

·
5 Posts
Here is a VLOG of us picking up our new camper. Some shots and discussion while towing with the Nissan too.

It's taken me forever to get this thing done. Been having some health issues and of course the holidays.

Hope you enjoy the video.
Hi, how does your rig handle in moderate side winds on the freeway and also, as 18-wheelers pass you? I'm looking at towing a similar 5th wheel (1325 pin, 7500 UVW) with an XD P4X gasser. What's your comfortable cruising speed on freeway? Did you have to add bags/shocks for squat? Thanks!

·
225 Posts
Hi, how does your rig handle in moderate side winds on the freeway and also, as 18-wheelers pass you? I'm looking at towing a similar 5th wheel (1325 pin, 7500 UVW) with an XD P4X gasser. What's your comfortable cruising speed on freeway? Did you have to add bags/shocks for squat? Thanks!

Hey Lance, I answered your questions on our youtube page. :)

·
11 Posts

Nice looking Toy Hauler!

·
9 Posts
Thanks Trip! I've got parts ordered to add a 2nd AC in the garage and replace the manual awning with a power awning. After that, we should be ready to go when spring gets here...can't wait to go camping again!

261 - 280 of 318 Posts