Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
281 - 300 of 318 Posts

·
11 Posts
Thanks Trip! I've got parts ordered to add a 2nd AC in the garage and replace the manual awning with a power awning. After that, we should be ready to go when spring gets here...can't wait to go camping again!
Hey Question for you - Is that a Featherlite Trailer base? I looks just like the trailer I started with when I did my Trailer/Toy Hauler conversion.

Attachments

·
22 Posts
Here is some pics of our 2016 Prowler P295 that we found new on a dealers lot last spring. We bought it cheaper than nada used book. Never thought I would ever own a camper until we found a permanent site. We bought our Titan so we could pull this fifth wheel as the f150 I had was only a 5’ box. Best part about the permanent site is all I have to do is hook the boat up and don’t have to ever think about leaving it behind. Life is good.

Attachments

·
106 Posts
2004 KZ 26P Toy hauler - about 8500 loaded with the toys and stuff. Looking at the Wolf Pack 25-PACK-12, planning on upgrading in April after Daytona Bike week. Still loving the gas XD - I think it needs a larger fuel tank, but the wife likes to get out and walk, so it makes her happy. We're planning on a trip to Sturgis in August, boy that's going to be a lot of stops for a 3300 mile round trip

Attachments

·
309 Posts
Here's our Work and Play toy hauler that I tow with my 2016 Titan XD. So far we've towed to the Smokey Mountains, New Mexico, the Texas Hill Country, Missouri, and multiple campgrounds in Arkansas. We have a trip to Yellowstone planned for next year. This will be our longest tow yet. I'm looking at adding an external fuel tank to carry more diesel before we make that trip. The Titan XD Diesel tows this heavy camper (loaded with 2 Harley's) with no problems at all.

Good luck on Yellowstone trip if u haven’t book campground I had luck finding one few miles north of Gardiner Montana, 8 miles from Yellowstone entrance, I decided last minute to add Yellowstone from our sturgis trip in 2016 and it did not disappoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
2019 Open Range Light. Bought it off the floor at the Denver RV Expo. I know you're not supposed to do that, but the deal was perfect.
Very nice! I don't think you made a bad decision buying off the floor.
They don't bring the potential hangar queens to the show.
From my experience they pull the one they have that has the least amount of deficiencies (and they all have issues off the lot) as they don't want to scare anyone off.
Secondly, you know they pulled it there and any off the line problems that might manifest under first few towing trips have been probably been worked out. Good for you man...nothing better than getting into a RV.

·
9 Posts
Good luck on Yellowstone trip if u haven’t book campground I had luck finding one few miles north of Gardiner Montana, 8 miles from Yellowstone entrance, I decided last minute to add Yellowstone from our sturgis trip in 2016 and it did not disappoint

Thanks! I booked back in August of 2018 when we made the decision to go that direction. We're at the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in W. Yellowstone. Thought about trying to fit Sturgis in on this trip as well but just don't have enough time. Our last trip to Sturgis was in June 2016. We've done the Sturgis rally before but wanted to ride the Black Hills when it wasn't so crowded. It was a great trip and not nearly as congested!

·
81 Posts
Just sold our 18 ft trailer this week and picked up this pristene 2007 fleetwood two days later. Our old trailer was too small for a family and.....too small for my titan! We were looking at new trailers but this one popped up and we went to see it in person. It is in ridiculously good shape as it was stored in covered storage since new. The prior owner resealed the roof, installed solar panels, and a satellite for the TV. There is no de-lamination anywhere, no leaks, and it is just rock solid throughout. I'm not a fan of the exterior styling but this one was too good to pass up. 31ft long and over 8k lbs, truck towed it pretty well. The first picture shows the truck hooked up with no distribution bars, squats a little with 1k tongue weight, otherwise towing 40 miles home was a breeze.

Attachments

·
22 Posts
I got to pull my 16 prowler 295 today. Load was probably around 9200lbs with gear but never weighed it. Truck handles amazing and I put on around 150 miles pulling on highway and interstate at 70 to 75. Truck got into 6th and held that gear without downshifting in hills. I got 10.6 over all for economy. It was a fun pull and definitely better than using my f150 for tugging it around. I would get the same economy pulling my bass boat with the 150 so really looking forward to see what it gets for mileage pulling the boat. If it does 13 I will be even on the cost per mile between gas and diesel.

Attachments

·
309 Posts
Thanks! I booked back in August of 2018 when we made the decision to go that direction. We're at the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in W. Yellowstone. Thought about trying to fit Sturgis in on this trip as well but just don't have enough time. Our last trip to Sturgis was in June 2016. We've done the Sturgis rally before but wanted to ride the Black Hills when it wasn't so crowded. It was a great trip and not nearly as congested!

Wow I was there one week before sturgis officially started in 2016 did some rides and left first day of sturgis to go to Yellowstone lol. I don’t like too much crowd either

281 - 300 of 318 Posts