Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to delete my 2016 and was wondering if the egt sensor could be reinstalled in the new exhaust. Has anyone done this? It's my understanding that the exhaust temp remains blank after a delete.

·
1,396 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it I'm positive theres 2 sensors. The one lost is the one by the dpf, the other one is upstream after the turbo. So couldnt you use that one?

·
24 Posts
From what I understand, there are 5 EGT sensors, they are all lost during the deleting process. However, I don’t see why one couldn’t drill and tap a place and reinstall one or up to all 5 if you wanted.

·
1,597 Posts
You can install the sensor but without custom tuning it will not read on the dash gauge if that's what you mean. Doubtful you will find anyone who can or will do it tho

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. XDHunter you've confirmed my suspicions. I guess I'll have to live with the blank gauge. Not a huge deal.

·
620 Posts
Why would you delete and still use a scangauge? The EZLynk is far superior. It’s like a calculator versus an iPad. LOL

And no, that factory temperature readout will no longer work because that sensor leaves the truck with the emissions equipment.

CFT makes an exhaust pipe with a bung for an aftermarket option, however it still won’t use the OEM dash readout (without a lot of work). It would work on your EZLynk though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts