Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, my name is Brandon and I am from NW Montana. Currently I own an 06 Dodge Ram 3500 mega cab with the 5.9 cummins. Like probably every dodge owner out there, I love the engine but the rest of the truck is,IMO, total junk. At just over 100k miles I am needing trans work, the ball joints need replaced for the 3rd time, and my wife hates driving it. It's all stock by the way and has been in my family since new. Anyway I am very excited for the new XD! I am in construction and regularly tow an 8.5x20 enclosed trailer setup with all my tools. It weighs between 6-7000 pounds. My dodge tows it very well, but it's overkill and not a comfortable truck when empty. And now that I am out of warranty it is starting to nickel and dime me too much. I really feel like I am right in the target market for the XD. I will admit I don't love the looks of it on my computer- but I have a feeling I will like it better in person. Plus I am sure the aftermarket will provide necessary upgrades to tone down the badging (I hope). If the price is right I would love to be a proud owner of a well optioned pro4x soon after their release.. Fingers crossed!

·
608 Posts
Glad to have you here. Your display pic is awesome.

Having seen the Titan in person at an auto show I can say that I liked it in person. I do completely agree with you that some debadging would be a good thing though.

Cheers!

·
857 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have someone here that does construction and is planning to use the XD just for it since at times that can be the ultimate test for a truck.

·
1 Posts
Well I'm new to this forum but I totally agree. I am absolutely stoked to see the 5.0 hit the lots. Fortunately I am actually a Nissan salesman in NW Montana and this is the one vehicle I just can't wait to see and get to take out on a drive. So far I hope the first we have hit our lot will be a PRO-4X but we will see.

·
23 Posts
Any truth to the rumor of the gas model getting the Infinity Q80 V-8 engine and 7 speed trans? Any rumors amongst employess on the overall build/materials of the XD? I worry about everything but the engine. Had an 1989 Nissan, which was great, haven't been in one since...... My fingers are crossed for this to be my dream truck all around. It will be a Cummins if I buy one but that Q80 is supposed to be a beast!

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts