Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

Been lurking for a while and thought I should finally say Hi!

Been a Nissan owner for a long time and am on my 2nd "d" series. I drove the wheels off of a 93 KC and now own a 07 KC Nismo.

Although I am a manual transmission junkie and have never owned an automatic, the allure of a larger vehicle to support my growing family had pulled me to something shifting for me.

I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a '15 Titan until I started hearing more about the XD. I'm hoping they don't price us out of the market for the XD diesel. The F250 6.7L without any discounts is $65 (they way I want it) so as long as the XD is lower than $60, I think I can hang.

The Murano is almost paid off, so momma says the Fronty can go whenever I am ready.

I am a computer engineer living in St. Charles MO and have a wife, son and a girl about ready to say hello to fresh air in about 3 weeks.

Looking forward to the forum and the new XD.

Thanks!

·
94 Posts
Greetings. I too strongly prefer manual; to the point that if the XD fails to impress me, I'm going with a RAM 2500.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
The 2500-3500 series Dodges seem to be pretty well built. What really stands out is how good the headlight reflector geometry is. They're the only trucks, or vehicles really, that don't have an annoying glare with HID converstion kits. (non-projector)

·
42 Posts
The 2500-3500 series Dodges seem to be pretty well built. What really stands out is how good the headlight reflector geometry is. They're the only trucks, or vehicles really, that don't have an annoying glare with HID converstion kits. (non-projector)
Hmm. Good to know.

I was thinking about a 2500 CTD Megacab Laramie but the transmission bulge into the passenger footwell was a non-starter for my wife.

·
42 Posts
That isn't something I hear all that often... What problems do you have/have you had?
Nothing that's stranded me but mostly quality issues:

1) Engine died in the middle of an intersection after emergency stop (avoided a red light runner who was on her cell phone)

2) Tons of squeaks and rattles, including but not limited to: driver's door seal, passenger rear door seal, center console, gear selector plastic surround

3) Three recalls in <12 months (one is still outstanding and serious RE potential premature airbag deployment)

4) Leaking CHMSL

I don't want to come across as whiny; it is after all a truck. That said, the experience seems to be very different from those reported by Tundra owners and my prior experience as a Mitsubishi owner.

·
94 Posts
Nothing that's stranded me but mostly quality issues:

1) Engine died in the middle of an intersection after emergency stop (avoided a red light runner who was on her cell phone)

2) Tons of squeaks and rattles, including but not limited to: driver's door seal, passenger rear door seal, center console, gear selector plastic surround

3) Three recalls in <12 months (one is still outstanding and serious RE potential premature airbag deployment)

4) Leaking CHMSL

I don't want to come across as whiny; it is after all a truck. That said, the experience seems to be very different from those reported by Tundra owners and my prior experience as a Mitsubishi owner.
If there are going to be recalls, I like them to be caught and fixed in short order. Three in under a year is nothing compared to GM. The engine stalling after an emergency stop concerns me but this is the first Ive heard of that issue.

·
42 Posts
If there are going to be recalls, I like them to be caught and fixed in short order. Three in under a year is nothing compared to GM. The engine stalling after an emergency stop concerns me but this is the first Ive heard of that issue.
Completely agreed RE the recalls; I only expect the volume & frequency to increase across all passenger vehicles going forward. The financial penalties to the corporate parent are increasing (as they should).

That said, the dealers and supply chains are completely unprepared to handle the airbag volumes - they don't even have parts.

The emergency stop thing hasn't happened again but wasn't exactly a confidence-builder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts