Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 2008 Titan a few years ago. Money got tight, and I had to make a more economical switch. I now have a new job, and I should be through the training by the time the new XD is available ( = sufficient pay). Leave it to the Titan to pioneer a light duty truck with the most badass of all motors, the mighty Cummins. I grew up in Wyoming (I live down in the Savannah area of Georgia now). Diesel trucks were more desired than any sport car. My pride and joy was a 97 Dodge 2500 with that glorious 12-valve Cummins. Owned the farm work and made me feel like a king off duty. It was a pain in the ass to drive in town. Way too big. Now I'll get the chance to combine that motor and a much more manageable truck. Not just any truck, but a mighty Titan. I really can't wait. My wife caught me drooling on myself when I saw the feature page on Nissan's website.

Sorry for the long post.

·
608 Posts
Don't apologize. Its a great introduction post. Glad to have you here.

When do you think you'll be actually picking up your Titan? I mean I guess it has to go on sale first, lol.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. Yeah. Maybe the timing will be right so I'll get my promotion in time to put a big ol' "VIP customer"-sized deposit on it before they come out. In the mean time, I'll have to make do with changing my shorts every time a fresh sliver of news about it is revealed. My wife will probably either divorce or kill me before I get my own XD.

·
857 Posts
Welcome back in the game.
What do you think about the new Titan's design? A lot of guys that owned your generation of Titan HATE the fender badge

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm a Titan fan, but I'm also a diesel nut and Cummins is my favorite, so I love having that displayed no matter what it looks like.

The whole truck looks mean. It has the angriest, sexiest front profile of any truck to date, imo. And the proportions of the rest of this truck are just right. This is THE truck I've always wanted. It's going to be one I pass down to my grand kids when I finally realize I'm too senile to drive.... probably about the time wheeled vehicles are outlawed in favor of hover tech. Then I'll just build it into my house and die a happy man.

Lol. I like this truck just a little bit, in case it wasn't obvious.

·
608 Posts
Well I'm a Titan fan, but I'm also a diesel nut and Cummins is my favorite, so I love having that displayed no matter what it looks like.

The whole truck looks mean. It has the angriest, sexiest front profile of any truck to date, imo. And the proportions of the rest of this truck are just right. This is THE truck I've always wanted. It's going to be one I pass down to my grand kids when I finally realize I'm too senile to drive.... probably about the time wheeled vehicles are outlawed in favor of hover tech. Then I'll just build it into my house and die a happy man.

Glad you like it so much so far. While I'm a fan I am not committing quite so much until I get a test drive and some reviews.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you like it so much so far. While I'm a fan I am not committing quite so much until I get a test drive and some reviews.
I most certainly respect that. Hopefully everything lines up and I can answer questions about it and maybe help some others to get their hands on it see what they think.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I'm hoping work is very busy this summer, so I can factory order one as soon as the order guide is available.

·
3 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. I love the look of the truck.

Dodger1234

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome. I've been digging through every source I can find for info on this beast. I'll have to look through all the threads and see what is posted so I don't post redundant information, but I found a couple PDF's that had more specific details than the touch-and-go news features.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just can't get over the fender badge

But something I'll have to learn to accept or take action on.
That's the nice thing. If you love the badges, wear them proudly. If you don't, de-badge the truck and sell them for a few bucks to someone so they can put MORE on :-D

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the nice thing. If you love the badges, wear them proudly. If you don't, de-badge the truck and sell them for a few bucks to someone so they can put MORE on :-D
More badges?.... (slowly walks away from conversation)
Haha. It's like Pimp My Ride. But instead of bigger wheels, we'll do bigger badges, lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts