Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL came on and truck went into Low Engine Power. Trip to the dealer and they found that the Float on the Coolant overflow res. was stuck in the down position making the truck think that it was low on coolant. Then the truck goes into Low Engine Power to try to keep the engine from overheating. Just another $475.00 bill. Still don't have the intermittent Traction Control and ABS lights issue resolved. This is the Basic Nissan Trouble Shooting Tree for that issue:
1. Replace Locking Diff Switch - Done $350
2. Replace Some electronic module - Waiting for Module to arrive
3. Replace Rear Diff
4. Replace Truck

PS. I'm out of Warranty so I'm having to pay Nissan to go to school on my truck.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Jesus! That looks expensive. You replaced the rear differential? OMG!

How many miles on your truck @Tom Slick ?

I haven't heard of anyone needing to do that yet but maybe I missed it.

·
732 Posts
CEL came on and truck went into Low Engine Power. Trip to the dealer and they found that the Float on the Coolant overflow res. was stuck in the down position making the truck think that it was low on coolant. Then the truck goes into Low Engine Power to try to keep the engine from overheating. Just another $475.00 bill. Still don't have the intermittent Traction Control and ABS lights issue resolved. This is the Basic Nissan Trouble Shooting Tree for that issue:
1. Replace Locking Diff Switch - Done $350
2. Replace Some electronic module - Waiting for Module to arrive
3. Replace Rear Diff
4. Replace Truck

PS. I'm out of Warranty so I'm having to pay Nissan to go to school on my truck.
When I had issues with a Honda we owned, I had to pay out of pocket because it was out of warranty. It took 3 trips and part after part before they finally got it right. They reimbursed me for the previous service I tip they got it right.

Bottom line, if they can’t fix it correctly before they hand it over, you shouldn’t pay.

I would talk to your service manager and if he isn’t helpful, I’d open a case with Nissan North America.

This ain’t a training course with your truck and you don’t have an obligation to pay when the work isn’t completed, IMO.

·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did number 1 and I'm waiting on the module for step number 2. There's no way I'm replacing the rear diff as it works perfect. There is a chance I'll just jump to number 4 and buy something Non Nissan.

·
46 Posts
Tom,
Did they replace your coolant reservoir right? the second dealer I went to for second opition. At the first dealer, I got the same thing but they want to replace my radiator for $1200. But I decline the repair. They also want to replace the turbo control actuator for another $1500 but it is back order until the end of next month. This is not under warranty because it it is part of emission which is only cover 50k miles.

·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They only replaced the overflow tank. bill was $475.00. I had my Turbo Actuator valve replaced last month at 65,000 miles. That's an $800.00 part but I did find it discounted to $550.00 from a Nissan Dealer that sells at discounted prices. It was about $200 for labor to install the Turbo Actuator valve so it must not be too difficult.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts