Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
3 Posts
Sorry to hear that...wow, that is scary--200. I hope the service advisor was exaggerating. At 36K on a 2016, you ought to be under powertrain warranty (5/60) unless it was a real early 2016. Is it a warranty job for you?
At this time it is covered by warranty but I have lost enough confidence in this problem after reading so many similar accounts that I’m not sure what will happen if I must wait a few months to receive parts and the fix. And this seems likely. I’m currently looking at other possibilities because I need a truck ASAP and am losing trust that Nissan will handle this professionally, honestly and timely. Current thinking is to pick it up and drive to Seattle areas from Port Angeles where it is currently to see what trades are possible ( I bought it at Rairdons) and hope they could take it back for a newer model or a Ram diesel plus cash from me. I’m not concerned that the drive there ( couple hours) will cause greater harm as I’ve been driving daily like it is now for couple of months.

·
3 Posts
If anyone has ideas or experience in ways to handle/deal with this issue, I for one would listen attentively and appreciate new thoughts. Finding a sympathetic Nissan dealer would be a great start as I think they have some experience with this issue of turbo repair/replacement on Titans. Thought with Cummins power, this failure was very unlikely. And certainly never expected lack of parts and service from them.

·
45 Posts
I am in shortly for the second time replacing the actuator assembly (P226C). Just waiting on the delivery from backorder status. The first replacement was <1yr ago and the truck was under 100k km. The second is being done as part warranty of the part, part extended warranty by Nissan. I not interested who in Nissan pays for it, just as long as it is done. On the 3rd instance (if it happens), the truck is on its way to trade in status for something more reliable (ie. DMax, and I am a previous Dmax owner).

·
367 Posts
I am in shortly for the second time replacing the actuator assembly (P226C). Just waiting on the delivery from backorder status.
Ouch!...sorry to hear that. Let us know if it is just the actuator or the rotary valve itself requiring the whole turbo replacement. What year is your XD?....

·
1,486 Posts
The P226C can be the turbo, if the actuator (usually P00AF) has already been replaced. That’s been my experience.

·
45 Posts
I am in shortly for the second time replacing the actuator assembly (P226C). Just waiting on the delivery from backorder status. The first replacement was <1yr ago and the truck was under 100k km. The second is being done as part warranty of the part, part extended warranty by Nissan. I not interested who in Nissan pays for it, just as long as it is done. On the 3rd instance (if it happens), the truck is on its way to trade in status for something more reliable (ie. DMax, and I am a previous Dmax owner).
Okay. So the replacement was completed at the end Feb by Nissan. One month later, I am running a CEL for the same code. That I am unhappy with this is an understatement. There was some thought that the error is produced at the turbo by failing emissions system, but I am still looking some corroboration on this.

·
59 Posts
I think the turbo is actually considered an emissions component. Read your warranty but I was surprised - even the fuel pump is considered emissions.
Sounds like Emissions is being used for anything that doesn't have a crank shaft in it. Great way to limit liability and make the customer think good deal on warranty.

·
59 Posts
Sounds like Emissions is being used for anything that doesn't have a crank shaft in it. Great way to limit liability and make the customer think good deal on warranty.
Further to my last, i wonder if this would fall under the word LEMON given that it makes the whole truck unsafe and unreliable.
Plenty of folks out there that need their Titan now and not weeks or months later and i for one do not appreciate a dead pedal, hesitation or a limp mode in any situation.
Ok, i'll stop the rant. On the bright side, most of the truck can be recycled.

·
79 Posts
Anyone replace their actuator themselves? I just stared throwing a code and I definitely have boost fluctuations when cold/partial load. Instructions in the FSM seem to require a Nissan Consult to recalibrate for the new actuator.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts