Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how many of you have seen posts here and there about folks using ceramic protective coatings on their rides. Well we have for sure and we are now offering a DIYer version of ceramic coating.

Now available from Synthetic Motorsports one of the best new products showcased at SEMA this year:
Liquid Armour 9H Ceramic Coating

What is it you ask?

Liquid Armour 9H is a Permanent Nano-Ceramic Coating that features a High Gloss finish, unmatched Super Hydrophobic Effect, Scratch Resistance, Chemical Resistance, UV Resistance, Thermal Resistance, and Anti-Graffiti effects.

Both the Super Hydrophobic and Anti-Graffiti effect combined mean the surface coated with 9H will stay cleaner for longer as dirt and grime will not stick to the surface, and the super hydrophobic effect of the coating will cause water to bead up and roll of the surface along with any dirt and grime. The hard ceramic film also offers superior protection from damaging contamination and harsh chemicals.

Liquid Armour 9H forms a permanent bond to the surface and will not wash away or break down. Liquid Armour 9H can only be removed by abrasion making it a highly durable protective coating that shields the surface from damaging contaminants.

The unique formulation of Liquid Armour 9H has enabled it to be multi-layered which means the thickness of the coating can be increased with additional layers allowing a thicker / harder film that will increase its scratch resistance.

This product can be installed by a weekend worrior or DIYer. It has many, many uses; Automotive Paint, Glass, Hard Plastic, Fiberglass, Plexiglas, Lexan, Strata-glass, Powder Coat, Metal, Vinyl, Aluminum, and other non lubricated, wax, silicon, oil and containment free surfaces. They also have a sprayable version for textiles.

The kit for a full size vehicle runs 139 shipped and includes 100ml of the ceramic coating, two soft towels and an applicator.

Check it out here.

If we can be of assistance with this product, please don't hesitate to ask.

#liquidarmour
#ceramiccoating
#9h
#nanoceramic
#syntheticmotorsports
#diyceramiccoating

Attachments

·
158 Posts
I did my truck with this about a year ago also. It's pretty amazing stuff. Easy to apply too. I love that I don't ever have to wax again. I just picked up their new ceramic crystal creme and applied it over the ceramic to give it that extra super hydrophobic effect . Even after it rained the other day my truck looked like I just washed it...lol

Actually the reason I got it is to keep the bugs from sticking to the front of my truck. Works like a charm.

·
175 Posts
@ MrManners

Thanks for sponsoring the site, and for your input.

There is a thread going at the moment, talkjing about the "silver" finish on bits of the center console of the XDs rubbing off with very little cause (rubbing from dangling cables, super-dissoving sun-tan lotion, etc.

The finish is a bit like brushed pewter - I was wondering if we used this product for it, and buffed very soon after application, if it would retain some of that matt-edness, and also if the mere application of the liquid armor fluid might "wash" the finish away.

Thoughts?

russ

·
158 Posts
@ MrManners

Thanks for sponsoring the site, and for your input.

There is a thread going at the moment, talkjing about the "silver" finish on bits of the center console of the XDs rubbing off with very little cause (rubbing from dangling cables, super-dissoving sun-tan lotion, etc.

The finish is a bit like brushed pewter - I was wondering if we used this product for it, and buffed very soon after application, if it would retain some of that matt-edness, and also if the mere application of the liquid armor fluid might "wash" the finish away.

Thoughts?

russ
I coated all the silver trim to keep that from happening. The key to keeping the finish matte or lower sheen to to apply it and then lightly buff within 30 seconds. I would do 2 coats about 2 hours apart. I have so many cables hanging down between me radar, chargers, and camera for the camper.

Just be aware that it is a "permanent" coating so if you get it on the plastic or leather it is there for ever. Designed to be used on all of those surfaces. No chemical I found will remove it. I even tried spraying my rent with it which came out really good but it ruined my spray gun because the solvents didn't dissolve it.

It is supper easy to use though. Very forgiving.

·
175 Posts
@GS
Great to know - so my idea was not totally nuts, after all!

Have you done the outside, too? Does it really need that long to cure? That kinda makes it a no-go for me.. can't be without me wheels for 2 days, let alone a week!

russ

·
158 Posts
@GS
Great to know - so my idea was not totally nuts, after all!

Have you done the outside, too? Does it really need that long to cure? That kinda makes it a no-go for me.. can't be without me wheels for 2 days, let alone a week!

russ
Yes I did the outside. So glad I did with all the bugs we have plus I have to park under pine trees. So far the sap and pine needles have had no affect.

You only need 24hrs before you drive it. If you put the coating on say on a Saturday night, by Sunday night you are good to drive. It's okay if it gets wet after the first 24 hours just don't was it for 7 days. Gives it time it fully cure to it's max hardness for scratch protection.

If you put it out in the sun on a 80°+ day after coating it cures really fast. I think like 5-6 hours to drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts