Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i was thinking of dynoing it. Although I dont have any base numbers to see an improvement. I pretty have all of CFT products installed expect a turbo and fuel up grade.

·
2018 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
26 Posts
Got any pictures of the old one and new one next to each other? So we can see the difference in them?

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now that I'm done with the install I have a noise I've never heard before I'm not sure if its related to the manifolds but I no I didn't have this noise before. Any ideas on what it might be? it sounds like a belt noise but its not. my video is to large to upload here.

·
185 Posts
it must be the picture angle but it actually looks like the factory oval ports are larger than the tubular race headers? one thing I don't like about those fabricated headers is that the connections are 90 deg straight into the 'log'; i'm surprised that there isn't some sort of curve to encourage flow instead of a 90 degree 'wall' for the hot gasses to bang into.

as an aside the factory cast manifolds do look beefy (which I'm glad to see!) thanks for posting the pics!

PS any time I've ever installed tublular headers on any of my race cars the engine always sounds lots different; usually more valve type noises etc (I think the cast factory manifolds soak alot of that noise up)

·
1,476 Posts
it must be the picture angle but it actually looks like the factory oval ports are larger than the tubular race headers? one thing I don't like about those fabricated headers is that the connections are 90 deg straight into the 'log'; i'm surprised that there isn't some sort of curve to encourage flow instead of a 90 degree 'wall' for the hot gasses to bang into.

as an aside the factory cast manifolds do look beefy (which I'm glad to see!) thanks for posting the pics!

PS any time I've ever installed tublular headers on any of my race cars the engine always sounds lots different; usually more valve type noises etc (I think the cast factory manifolds soak alot of that noise up)
I was trying to figure out that also. Seems like flow wouldnt be worth a shit

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will measure the opening and let yall know. I think noise is an exhaust leak so I order new gaskets and I will see.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts