Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to changed my oil today myself. My local dealer wanted $200 for just the oil change no fuel filters. So I have 5200 miles on it and figured it was time for the first change. I picked up a filter from the dealer for $10 and got 10 qts of shell rotella semi synthetic 10w 30 for $45 from auto zone. Overall everything went smooth. The front bolts on the pro4x front skid plate were a little hard to get out but overall the job was easy. I'm glad I changed the oil it looked pretty dirty it was dark black but that might be normal for a diesel. This was my first oil change on a diesal.

·
70 Posts
Its amazing how much price differs between dealers. Mine wanted $80 for conventional oil and $140 for full synthetic. $200 holy bleep

·
149 Posts
My dealer in Alberta wants $130 but I found out they now have the prepaid maintenance for the XD. So I paid $620 for 60 months or 84000 kms for oil changes every 16000kms and also tire rotations. I think Nissan screwed up on the price of that so I jumped all over the offer. Basically I'm paying $62 for a tire rotation and oil change. It's actually $200 cheaper than what I paid for my Rogue a year ago.

·
119 Posts
Jiffy lube does mine, I provide the filter, and make sure they have Rotella.....every other vehicle I do myself, mainly because I have nothing that will hold the 3 freaking gallons my 5.9L holds!

·
100 Posts
My dealer in Alberta wants $130 but I found out they now have the prepaid maintenance for the XD. So I paid $620 for 60 months or 84000 kms for oil changes every 16000kms and also tire rotations. I think Nissan screwed up on the price of that so I jumped all over the offer. Basically I'm paying $62 for a tire rotation and oil change. It's actually $200 cheaper than what I paid for my Rogue a year ago.

You did well

They quoted me $2888 for 3 years synthetic oil changes, tire rotations, and replace brake fluid after 2 years, cabin micro filter after 3 years. That's every 6 months or 8,000 km. Inspections on fuel filters and other things. Brochure is outdated and incorrect for the Titan XD. It's only $500 per visit over 3 years. That doesn't include any extra work or materials changing the fuel filters, changing diff oil, transmission flush at 24 months.

This is the best part. Tells me if I buy now ..... you get the service package at half price! So what is the full price I ask? Didn't have a answer but just more high pressure sales tactics. What a crock of bulls**t The Nissan survey rating is going to be low because of that a** and his lies and fear mongering.

So be aware of the fiancé guy at Go Nissan South. Great managers, great sales people just one person to ruin the experience

I declined the offer and extras from this jerk and will get my own oil and can rotate my own tires thank you. Or I'll just pay as I go. Somehow I don't think its going to cost that much.

·
38 Posts
The way that you all talk about the dealerships in Canada you might think about crossing the border and buy your truck the USA. I bought my XD at AutoNation dealer I was also offered several different service packages the one I chose the one that will give me oil and filter changes every 10,000 miles for the first 100,000 miles and it was a small cost added to the payment just saying.

·
38 Posts
One more thing I have been dealing with the same dealership since it opened 12 years ago. They aren't lying they are doing there job to offer and to sell if you don't want any extras then you don't have to buy any.

·
404 Posts
I decided to changed my oil today myself. My local dealer wanted $200 for just the oil change no fuel filters. So I have 5200 miles on it and figured it was time for the first change. I picked up a filter from the dealer for $10 and got 10 qts of shell rotella semi synthetic 10w 30 for $45 from auto zone. Overall everything went smooth. The front bolts on the pro4x front skid plate were a little hard to get out but overall the job was easy. I'm glad I changed the oil it looked pretty dirty it was dark black but that might be normal for a diesel. This was my first oil change on a diesal.
The truck will tell you when to change the oil. Why do it prematurely? You're just wasting money.

The oil change is also $200 at my local dealer.

·
149 Posts
You did well

They quoted me $2888 for 3 years synthetic oil changes, tire rotations, and replace brake fluid after 2 years, cabin micro filter after 3 years. That's every 6 months or 8,000 km. Inspections on fuel filters and other things. Brochure is outdated and incorrect for the Titan XD. It's only $500 per visit over 3 years. That doesn't include any extra work or materials changing the fuel filters, changing diff oil, transmission flush at 24 months.

This is the best part. Tells me if I buy now ..... you get the service package at half price! So what is the full price I ask? Didn't have a answer but just more high pressure sales tactics. What a crock of bulls**t The Nissan survey rating is going to be low because of that a** and his lies and fear mongering.

So be aware of the fiancé guy at Go Nissan South. Great managers, great sales people just one person to ruin the experience

I declined the offer and extras from this jerk and will get my own oil and can rotate my own tires thank you. Or I'll just pay as I go. Somehow I don't think its going to cost that much.

I deal with Sherwood Nissan and everyone there is pretty good. Except the service department receptionist. She doesn't know what she talking about half the time so I kinda ignore her and deal with the sales manager. Lol.

·
78 Posts
Hey Stairmaster.. If you're talkin Sherwood Nissan as in Sherwood Park... I live there too and been dealing there since 2004 .. great people .. and service

·
149 Posts
Hey Stairmaster.. If you're talkin Sherwood Nissan as in Sherwood Park... I live there too and been dealing there since 2004 .. great people .. and service

Yes. Bought my first Titan there in 2008 and now I'm on my third. Great people and service indeed. I'm on my 5th vehicle from them. They like to see me walking through the door. Lol.

·
348 Posts
It sucks that you guys have had bad experiences with your dealers. Definitely report that on the surveys. I have been dealing with my dealer since his dad owned it, I bought my first Nissan Hardbody from them in '86. I'm on my eighth Nissan through them, all my sales person asked was "are you interested in any of the pre paid service plans"? Nothing after that, no pressure, no further mention. Wonderful dealership.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The truck will tell you when to change the oil. Why do it prematurely? You're just wasting money.

The oil change is also $200 at my local dealer.
For $55 it's a no brainer to me and it defiantly doesn't hurt to change your oil early. Especially the first oil change

·
1,265 Posts
Changing my oil soon too.

I'm leaving on a 3 week fishing trip to northern Wisconsin soon and I'll probably have 8,000 miles on the truck when I leave. I figure that is close enough....

I have the PRO4X, but no front skid plate because i had to take it off to put on the front receiver hitch. Changing the oil should be easy now!

Rotella T6 full synthetic, new filters and i should be good to go!

·
100 Posts
Had my oil changed at Jiffy Lube with Shell T6 5W-40 and supplied my own filter from Nissan.
$200 and $22 filter cost. Pricey but not bad.

·
99 Posts
Had my oil changed at Jiffy Lube with Shell T6 5W-40 and supplied my own filter from Nissan.
$200 and $22 filter cost. Pricey but not bad.
I went with the T5 because it was the only Rotella blend I could find in 10W-30, then found out they don't make T6 in that weight.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts