Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought and used one of these $500 wonders? Just wondering if they are what they claim or just a rip-off. Since I am about to be my own warranty station, I'd rather not keep supporting the dealership at 250 a visit for 5 minutes of computer time.

V75 Nissan consult 3 consult3 Plus Nissan Diagnostic Tool Nissan Consult III Plus Scanner Support Programming

·
338 Posts
Wow, that is interesting....there are several procedures I can think of offhand that require the consult III software--like calibrating a new rotary control valve on the turbo. Easy to install, but must use consult III to calibrate it. Would probably pay for itself over time if you hang on to vehicle, probably with just two uses like that.

Their reviews are in suspiciously bad English with some flaky non-specific feedback. I wonder if it is pirated software :) Hard to know....

·
251 Posts
I couldn't find any Titan-specific questions/answers... pretty keen to find out about this.
Also, we'd need to have a source for specific updates, etc. to get full utilization out of it...

·
955 Posts
After watching the video they have posted, I can tell you it operates exactly as the ones at the dealership. Complete with it locking up and having to reboot the system to use it.

·
25 Posts
Been searching for Consult clones for years with various Nissan vehicles ive owned. Discovered there are no "clones" for Consult. Its either the real interface or a waste of money, unfortunately. Maybe one day, someone will crack it but maybe not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts