Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thanks to FourWheeler we now have the first up and close review of the Titan XD! They included a video of the startup sound as well to really make us drool:

Enjoy!

·
313 Posts
Some great up close pictures. I am hoping to see for myself at an auto show next week.
Forge,
if you find someone knowledgeable at the Auto Show, do ask about whether the Exhaust Brake is implemented, and if so whether it can be manually turned off/on or whether it's just automatically turned on with Tow/Haul mode or something like that.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could get some info on that for us.

·
608 Posts
Forge,
if you find someone knowledgeable at the Auto Show, do ask about whether the Exhaust Brake is implemented, and if so whether it can be manually turned off/on or whether it's just automatically turned on with Tow/Haul mode or something like that.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could get some info on that for us.
I'll try to remember to ask if there is someone there who would know the answer. :D

·
857 Posts
I find that during the shows they don't have that many knowledgeable folks on the floor, most just don't know anything beyond the script they have

·
56 Posts
If they make a Cummins XD with 5.5' bed then I'm switching brands. Its the only thing I'm waiting to see.

·
492 Posts
Here's an article you might like:

The new Titan lineup will have three bed lengths: 5.5 feet (available on crew only), 6.5 feet (King and crew) and 8 feet (single and King).
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/01/2016-nissan-titan-xd-the-packages.html
I think that statement refers to the entire lineup. It may be that the 5.5ft. bed will only be available on the NP1500 and not the XD.
The 5.5ft bed is pretty short for a gooseneck trailer.
Since Nissan is not being forthcoming with more details, I guess we will have to wait...

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I think that statement refers to the entire lineup. It may be that the 5.5ft. bed will only be available on the NP1500 and not the XD.
Since Nissan is not being forthcoming with more details, I guess we will have to wait...
5.5ft bed is short for a 5th wheel, but a gooseneck would work great in that length.

·
340 Posts
I think they're all NP1500's...

·
56 Posts
I'm a bumper pull kind of guy and appreciate the tighter turning radius and easier time parking. That's why I prefer 5.5 beds and crew cabs....a better fit for me. That combo isn't much different from a standard cab and 8' bed.

·
608 Posts
I'm a bumper pull kind of guy and appreciate the tighter turning radius and easier time parking. That's why I prefer 5.5 beds and crew cabs....a better fit for me. That combo isn't much different from a standard cab and 8' bed.
The maneuverability is a definite plus. I think most people just don't want to give up any power or capability for that. I suppose that is why they offer different sizes and have a full lineup. A perfect truck for everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts