Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started getting code P0205, misfire, puttering at idle, and heavy white smoke from the tailpipe. Clearly cylinder 5 injector is having trouble.
Anyone else run into this?
Under 80K miles, dealer is backed up but thinks it may still be under factory powertrain warranty. If not, it should still be under my extended warranty. And no, this most likely has nothing to do with the delete, and fortunately this service dept does not care if it's deleted.

·
447 Posts
Could be the wiring harness shorting...great that you have a dealer that doesn't mind the delete!! The harness is not cheap and the labor time is not super short...I think there are a few figures on cost in another thread--but if under warranty, not an issue.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I am certain it is either the injector itself (not as likely) or the wiring harness. It is at the dealer now, but they said they will not even be able to diagnose it until Monday. Hurry up and wait I suppose.

·
361 Posts
Mine was about $2100 out the door, though I was initially quoted a little more. The white exhaust is a little concerning - did you happen to check your coolant level?

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coolant is good. I think the color of the smoke is a combination of the fairly clean/new exhaust and the humidity. When I took it to the dealership it was pretty dark with each burst of smoke then getting white. Did not smell sweet at all and my coolant overflow is still at full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts