Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it’s giving me this code, cylinder 5 injector. I just seen where the other guy on here had to replace his injector plug but he had a different code although our symptoms are the same, engine shutters under accel, smoke. Turn truck off and it’ll be fine for like 2 minutes. I just pulled plug apart under truck and cleaned and dielectric greased and going to see how that works. So my question is trip to dealer or just replace cylinder 5 injector plug for $50 and about 20 minutes of work

·
791 Posts
I would just replace the cylinder 5 injector plug and go from there.

·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the injector wiring harness too. There was a lot of reports of chafing on the harness itself
The harness under the cab on passenger side? If so then yes I already pulled apart cleaned and greased and inspected wires. I’m ordering plug tonight. Every time I clear code it’ll run fine for a few. I know it’s got to be a electrical issue

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
838 Posts
I had to take my truck off the road while going to school (online). I'm biting my nails that rodents don't destroy my harnesses.

·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the injector plug did not fix the issue. Found that the code is the actual injector. Service manager at my dealer said he’s gonna get it covered under warranty so hopefully this goes well

·
838 Posts
I know additive seems to help mine. Wonder if you got bad fuel, or had a bad injector.

I'm also really not a fan of the bowl style fuel filters, I don't like relying on that wiper to make sure no debris gets into the fuel system.

·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know additive seems to help mine. Wonder if you got bad fuel, or had a bad injector.

I'm also really not a fan of the bowl style fuel filters, I don't like relying on that wiper to make sure no debris gets into the fuel system.
It’s not bad fuel, I put a whole new tank

·
838 Posts
It’s not bad fuel, I put a whole new tank
If they just filled their tanks there could be suspended debris. Diesel with mixed biodiesel also has a much higher chance of getting that bacteria growth in it, but that's usually at the layer between the water and the diesel. Well used station tanks have very little water in them.

I'm really at a loss of what to suggest. I always default to the fuel until proven otherwise, just because the fuel system is so sensitive to anything being out of spec.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts