Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question for the Titan XD folks with the Cummins. How many fuel filters does it have and how often do they need to be changed? Also, has anyone had any issues with their emissions sensors thus far? I currently have a Ram 2500 with the 6.7. I have 73000 miles. My trick has 2 fuel filter that I typically change every 12K to 15K miles, the cost for this is about $330. Does the Xd have these filters and if so, how often and how much to change them?

My 2013 has had a lot of DEF system issues with sensors. I have had to have to Nox sensors replaced and the CCV filter replaced. The Nox sensors were covered under warranty but weould have been about $1000 each.

I drove an XD and really liked it, I am considering getting rid of the Ram for one. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
658 Posts
Hello, I have a question for the Titan XD folks with the Cummins. How many fuel filters does it have and how often do they need to be changed? Also, has anyone had any issues with their emissions sensors thus far? I currently have a Ram 2500 with the 6.7. I have 73000 miles. My trick has 2 fuel filter that I typically change every 12K to 15K miles, the cost for this is about $330. Does the Xd have these filters and if so, how often and how much to change them?

My 2013 has had a lot of DEF system issues with sensors. I have had to have to Nox sensors replaced and the CCV filter replaced. The Nox sensors were covered under warranty but weould have been about $1000 each.

I drove an XD and really liked it, I am considering getting rid of the Ram for one. Thanks.

From what I can tell, there are two filters just like your Ram and will probably cost about the same for replacement at about the same interval. Also, as far as I know, Cummins designed the DEF/emissions system on the XD. I would think that it is very similar to the one on your Ram as well.

·
1,300 Posts
Well i can tell you that my 2011 ram 3500 was a good truck, but the front end had major issues and trying to deal with the dealship was like smashing my face on a steel wall. I didn't have emissions problems because i took it all off in the first 20K on that truck, i had egr issues and sensor problems. I still own a 13 5500 service truck and yea its got its emission issues still.
But this titan xd is so much more comfortable to ride in, the seats are amazing and for me. I find this truck will not send the ass end out side to side over big bumps like the rams do. I can see/ feel the difference in quality from my rams to the titan. I think its a superior truck in build quality and its got a cummins so im happy!!

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had both front hubs replaced at about 33000 miles and water pump went out at 70000K. It would be nice to buy a truck that can go at least 5 years or 100,000 miles with no major issues.

·
1,979 Posts
I had both front hubs replaced at about 33000 miles and water pump went out at 70000K. It would be nice to buy a truck that can go at least 5 years or 100,000 miles with no major issues.

No guarantees in life, it's the luck of the draw. With a 1st Yr model you're almost for sure going to run into multiple issues, small or large.

·
224 Posts
No guarantees in life, it's the luck of the draw. With a 1st Yr model you're almost for sure going to run into multiple issues, small or large.
True. The real test is how the manufacturer corrects them. I deal with multi million dollar jets on a daily basis and you would think a hundred million dollar airplane would be trouble free. Not so.

MB

·
155 Posts
I have owned both, and I can tell you I mis the eco diesels mileage(26). The XD is getting avg hwy and city 17. The tranny on this thing is not smooth, it is way herky jerky. The ride is not bad with the tires at 50-60psi. The front end makes noise like an old corvette, and the Ram would eat this things lunch in a race. The XD would drag the Ram down the interstate like it was not there thou, power wise. Seats in the XD are way better than the Ram. Radio in the ram is proprietary and you can not change it, if you go that route get the HD version or buy one hacked on ebay. The ride on the ram 4x4 eco is like a caddy, the XD is not even close, but you would expect that. The DFF gauge on the XD sucks, its not easy to understand. All in all, I should have waited to buy an XD until next years model comes out, but knowing this would be the case with the latest and greatest was known. The tranny and the front end are my big complaints.

·
430 Posts
Just watched a Mr. Truck video on the XD pulling a toy hauler. He said he weighed his SL trim XD, at 7820lbs. I knew they were heavy, but not that heavy. I would rather have a HD diesel to pull around HD weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts