Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16xd with 101k miles. I have had the truck for 6 months with zero issues. Got a P00B7 low coolant code this morning. Coolant was slightly low to I filled and cleared the code at my local auto parts store. Everything I am reading is pointing to the egr internally leaking. I have also seen when cold weather sets in coolant will appear lower in the bottle. Last night was our first night of the year below freezing so I’m hoping the second thought is my issue. Anyone have any input on this from past issues?

·
1,114 Posts
You need to figure out if you’re losing coolant or not.

If you aren’t loosing coolant actually, then it’s your coolant tank overflow sensor. Super common.

the whole tank needs to be replaced, the sensor alone isn’t serviceable.

Do a search, there’s easily 20 threads on this

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
865 Posts
P00B7 is low flow, not low coolant. Watch your engine temps, but I've read that a common cause is the sensor on the bottom of the reservoir, like coastie said

·
48 Posts
Yeah, when I got that code the dealer replaced my coolant reservoir with sensor. Easy fix, but it took them over a month to get the part in while I put a few thousand miles on a loaner truck.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
865 Posts
I wasn't trying to argue, to be honest, Ive had the code P00B7 for 28k miles with no issues. I reset it once, it stayed off for maybe 1k miles and came back. Had a shop check coolant levels and flow and everything looked good. I watch my engine temps they stay good. Therefore I'm assuming it's a sensor, don't see the point in changing it right away.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't trying to argue, to be honest, Ive had the code P00B7 for 28k miles with no issues. I reset it once, it stayed off for maybe 1k miles and came back. Had a shop check coolant levels and flow and everything looked good. I watch my engine temps they stay good. Therefore I'm assuming it's a sensor, don't see the point in changing it right away.

·
5 Posts
Had that same code on mine and it was the egr cooler but I just kept adding coolant at first until the leak got worse and then threw the low coolant flow Code and I got it fixed then but drove 15,000 miles like that

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had that same code on mine and it was the egr cooler but I just kept adding coolant at first until the leak got worse and then threw the low coolant flow Code and I got it fixed then but drove 15,000 miles like that
I will be driving 900 miles Friday. Half the trip I will be hauling. I will see what kind of coolant loss I have during the trip. I ended up being a half gallon low when it threw a code with no visible sign of a leak. I have a feeling it will end up being the EGR

·
1,114 Posts
I will be driving 900 miles Friday. Half the trip I will be hauling. I will see what kind of coolant loss I have during the trip. I ended up being a half gallon low when it threw a code with no visible sign of a leak. I have a feeling it will end up being the EGR
Just a heads up- whenmy truck got that code, it eventually went into power reduction mode, limiting me to 5mph.

·
773 Posts
Probably your EGR is getting ready to blow. Take it in. If you mess-up the low coolant sensor in the overflow tank Nissan will have to replace the whole unit, sensor is molded into the tank. This will blow fast when it does and leave you in low power mode by the side of the road. I was lucky, mine did this in the parking lot at work 50 miles from my home.
Three Nissan dealerships within a 20 radius wouldn't take it. had it towed home to the local dealer in Concord CA and they eventually got it fixed.

·
73 Posts
I have a 16xd with 101k miles. I have had the truck for 6 months with zero issues. Got a P00B7 low coolant code this morning. Coolant was slightly low to I filled and cleared the code at my local auto parts store. Everything I am reading is pointing to the egr internally leaking. I have also seen when cold weather sets in coolant will appear lower in the bottle. Last night was our first night of the year below freezing so I’m hoping the second thought is my issue. Anyone have any input on this from past issues?
If you got the code and the coolant is at the same level, you will have coolant sensor bad. If the car in the limp mode you have to, unplug it and drive normal. Otherwise, that sensor prevent you from the car start. If you got the code and coolant low, you may have the leak in the intercooler. That what happened to me in the past. It is a common problem for 16

·
7 Posts
When I got that code it was my EGR cooler that had to be replaced

·
26 Posts
Just had this exact issue fixed yesterday. Thanks to the forum here I knew what the problem would be when I took it in. At first the tech thought I was the egr, but with further research it was the sensor in the tank. They replaced the tank and it’s all good now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts