Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
1,088 Posts
One of what people? The kind of people that are somewhat educated and know that just because they have done the same thing wrong all their life, doesn't mean it's any more right? Obviously YOU'RE one of those people and by those people I mean the type of person that is NEVER wrong and everything that happens in their life is someone else's fault. I bet you by voted for Hillary.
Have I claimed to be perfect? Have I said I never make mistakes? Sure the hell havent so dont say I did. I'm just saying that you guys sit here and try to tell people "oh you have to do what it says in the manual or your motor will blow", it's just rediculous. As for voting for hillary.... I've never laughed so hard in my entire life, hell I thought how bent out of shape you're getting that you would have

·
302 Posts
There is a break in procedure on ANY new engine and it's definitely not "drive it like you plan on driving it" so therein may lie some of your problem. Im pretty sure MY owner's manual said something about not towing over 55 mph for like 500 miles yada, yada. There's no need to be sarcastic about it btw, when someone is asking a simple legitimate question and this comment is directed at everyone that decided to come up with some stupid little remark in response to my comment.
You read that on google?

I have never really babied any of my engines except for the cam break in....

No sarcasm, just what I do. Works for me.

·
1,088 Posts
You read that on google?

I have never really babied any of my engines except for the cam break in....

No sarcasm, just what I do. Works for me.
Dude the only people that believe what the manual says for "break in" are people that have no clue what they are talking about.... period.

·
1,088 Posts
Well Jayce, that's your opinion, but it show you have much to lean.

Good luck in life.
Why is that? Because I know the motors are ran and broke in before leaving the factory? Do you know what's involved in breaking a motor in? Because that bullshit in the manual ain't it

·
3 Posts
Man this sucks, something similar happened to me that happened to Knunn11 except they told me that a couple of bearings spun out and welded causing it to lock up, Nissan ended up replacing the long block.

·
7 Posts
Russ I still have the frist engine I haven't had a chance to see what broke on the second engine I talked to Cummins and they told me they have not had any reports of any crankshaft breaking so either they're lying Orr Nissan is not reporting them to Cummins. I don't have the money to send it to a lab to have it analyzed, I was hoping that Nissan or Cummins would want to take it and see what made it break but they don't care.
I have a 2018 Nissan Titan XD platinum with 46K miles that had a cranck shaft failure and am being told I will have long block replaced. I am questioning whether to keep my Titan XD...O rarely tow and never anything very heavy....Cougar 29' camper or Honda side by side on trailer. Love my Titan (owned a 2006 Titan and 2016 Titan Pro4X before trading for XD and am really disappointed in this development. Anybody have objective recommendations on keep or trade dilemma?

·
537 Posts
I the dollars work for you, trade it, sell it. The parts are going to be as hard when you need repairs. If you keep and don't do your own work you need to find a shop that will work on it because most dealerships are no keeping the staff to support them. My two cents.

·
59 Posts
For me it’s all about the warranty. I too have already had a long block swap due to the crankshaft failure. Imo there is an obvious defect of some type in the Cummins 5.0. Too many of the same failures and now Cummins has discontinued making the 5.0? I don’t plan to drive this truck beyond its warranty.

·
560 Posts
So many people are starting to backing out on keeping this beauty... well... beside the fact that the crankshaft failure and 5.0 is being discontinued.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts