Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have looked on Nissan and the web for the maintenance requirements of this engine. I can't find any information

Does anyone have the maintenance schedule on this engine and the truck?

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check tomorrow

I was curious because the turbo are water cooled and wondered if this is a potential issue. I've run bigger diesels in the past but still I like the overall size of this truck

BTW I found a SAE article about this vehicle and it confirms that the transmission used is the exact same ad the one used in the U.S. Ram pickups

·
96 Posts
oil changed every 10k miles
fuel filters replaced every 10k miles and drained
coolant changed every 45k miles
air filter 30k miles
trans fluid every 20k miles

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
air filter 30k miles
Transmission flush every 20K?
Fuel filters and oil changed I expected but the transmission every other oil change. This seems a little excessive. On the ram the transmission is drain and refill at 30K and Drain and change the filter at 60K.

Where did that information come from?

·
50 Posts
air filter 30k miles
I believe he is a Nissan tech/mechanic, so he probably just checked there.

·
96 Posts
Transmission flush every 20K?
Fuel filters and oil changed I expected but the transmission every other oil change. This seems a little excessive. On the ram the transmission is drain and refill at 30K and Drain and change the filter at 60K.

Where did that information come from?

straight off service manual

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I believe that is on par with the Dodge Ram service interval.

Newer automatics have a lot going on inside them. The old school valved transmissions could run on bunker oil, that's why no one ever changed the oil. Solenoid shuttle valves are very sensitive to accumulated debris. So using older Nissan transmissions as an example, the shuttle valves would start to stick, line pressure drops, clutch slips, oil gets further contaminated, transmission stops working. Or change the oil as per the maintenance schedule and the transmission lasts a long time.

·
16 Posts
I believe that is on par with the Dodge Ram service interval.

Newer automatics have a lot going on inside them. The old school valved transmissions could run on bunker oil, that's why no one ever changed the oil. Solenoid shuttle valves are very sensitive to accumulated debris. So using older Nissan transmissions as an example, the shuttle valves would start to stick, line pressure drops, clutch slips, oil gets further contaminated, transmission stops working. Or change the oil as per the maintenance schedule and the transmission lasts a long time.
2015 ram 2500 manual says every 6 years or 60,000 miles. Whichever comes first.

·
911 Posts
air filter 30k miles
Just to add to this, if driving under sever conditions which includes towing, driving on muddy, rough or salt spread roads or in dusty conditions than Nissans recommendation is to cut oil change intervals in half.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
2015 ram 2500 manual says every 6 years or 60,000 miles. Whichever comes first.
Please verify the transmission. I can't be sure anymore because it was last year that I ran my budget for the XD, but the 2500 may not have the Aisan transmission. There were two different schedules depending on transmission.

·
16 Posts
Please verify the transmission. I can't be sure anymore because it was last year that I ran my budget for the XD, but the 2500 may not have the Aisan transmission. There were two different schedules depending on transmission.

All I know is that in the manual for my 2015 big horn 2500 6.7 cummins 4x4 automatic 4 it says for automatic transmissions 6 years or 60,000 miles. Have'nt had it long, don't know why I still visit this site, curiosity I guess. Talked myself out of waiting for a Titan.

·
16 Posts
I just looked again and I was wrong. The 6 years 60,000 miles is only if being used for police, taxi or frequent towing. Otherwise it's 12 years or 120,000 miles for the automatic 6speed transmission.

·
94 Posts
None of the 2500's have an Asin from the factory. That's only a 3500 option. 2500 auto option is a 68RFE which I think is an in house tranny and also the cheaper auto option on the 3500's to the Asin.

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
None of the 2500's have an Asin from the factory. That's only a 3500 option. 2500 auto option is a 68RFE which I think is an in house tranny and also the cheaper auto option on the 3500's to the Asin.
They still don't need a transmission fluid change every 10-20k miles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts