Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
Apparently the turbos, fuel injectors, intake, and fuel rails are not included with the new long block. They are taking them off the old motor.
That's a Real Ton of B.S... Get A New Turbo.

Like XDHunter said, metal bits and chunks will make its was up to the turbo. Get on them.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Correct, only loud knock that got progressively worse. The dealer narrowed down the noise to the crankshaft is all i was told. Cummins won't allow the dealership to tear it down. The motor will be sent back to cummins to be torn down. The dealer mechanic said he may or may not find out the end result.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your truck. I guess it could happen to anyone with just about any vehicle. Look at it this way, you're getting a new engine. I was concerned about having a carbon fiber engine block also.

·
141 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your truck. I guess it could happen to anyone with just about any vehicle. Look at it this way, you're getting a new engine. I was concerned about having a carbon fiber engine block also.
A carbon fiber engine block? Come again?

·
141 Posts
CGI is a real bear to machine, at least in a production environment. The company I work for had a large part in improving the head deck and other machining processes of the 2.7l EcoBoost block in Lima, Ohio. It plays like a ductile iron on steroids, in my opinion...strong stuff. No carbon fiber anywhere in the material; flaked graphite added in the casting process adds incredible strength. Hard to explain without being a metallurgist, which I’m not. You don’t “need” CBN tooling (cubic boron nitride) tooling to machine it; but in some applications, it can be a real advantage.

https://theshopmag.com/features/compacted-graphite-engine-blocks

·
190 Posts
Correct, only loud knock that got progressively worse. The dealer narrowed down the noise to the crankshaft is all i was told. Cummins won't allow the dealership to tear it down. The motor will be sent back to cummins to be torn down. The dealer mechanic said he may or may not find out the end result.
They knock pretty loudly with a bad injector. Theres a few videos of it on the Facebook group.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Sorry for the delay in posting an update. After the truck was in the shop for 42 calendar days, I requested an exchange under lemon law. The process took awhile, but Nissan treated me great! They paid off my previous truck with my credit union, and did a “change of collateral” so my new 2018 XD platinum reserve has the same payoff loan amount as the last truck. I picked up my new one last week. My only gripe is that monotone is no longer an option for PR models. Again, Nissan was outstanding on how they took care of me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Sorry for the delay in posting an update. After the truck was in the shop for 42 calendar days, I requested an exchange under lemon law. The process took awhile, but Nissan treated me great! They paid off my previous truck with my credit union, and did a “change of collateral” so my new 2018 XD platinum reserve has the same payoff loan amount as the last truck. I picked up my new one last week. My only gripe is that monotone is no longer an option for PR models. Again, Nissan was outstanding on how they took care of me!
I'd say they sure did take care of you! That's a sweet deal. Did you ever hear anything on why engine had issues? Did you happen to have the engine serial number? I'd like to plug that number into Cummins Insite and see what hapens.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts