Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been d3l3ted for a couple of years and someone recentlt mentioned I should unplug my throttle valve. I haven't found a good answer so I thought I'd ask. I know the EGR doesn't need to be unplugged since it actually uses current to keep it closed. I also want to do an EGR "upgrade" but it seems I cant find one. I did my truck just in time after the EPA started their commie crap. Had to go with GDP because thats the only one that was available. Since PPEI and HPP stopped offering them.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
You mean the EGR valve? I unplugged both plugs associated with the EGR

·
2016 XD Pro4X Cummins
36 Posts
Hey guys, I've been d3l3ted for a couple of years and someone recentlt mentioned I should unplug my throttle valve. I haven't found a good answer so I thought I'd ask. I know the EGR doesn't need to be unplugged since it actually uses current to keep it closed. I also want to do an EGR "upgrade" but it seems I cant find one. I did my truck just in time after the EPA started their commie crap. Had to go with GDP because thats the only one that was available. Since PPEI and HPP stopped offering them.
yes, unplug the throttle valve

·
216 Posts
Which is the throttle valve? I knew about the plug on back side of egr but didn’t know anything about a throttle valve

·
839 Posts
That's why I said, "you mean the EGR valve?"

·
2016 XD Pro4X Cummins
36 Posts
That's why I said, "you mean the EGR valve?"
Here you go genius…

Please stop spreading misinformation. Get educated before you reply to people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
999 Posts
Here you go genius…

Please stop spreading misinformation. Get educated before you reply to people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spreading misinformation is a terrible thing. The two valves shown in the thread that you linked are the EGR Valve and the EGR bypass Valve. There is no throttle valve on your truck despite what some people may call certain components on the internet.
Font Rectangle Art Material property Pattern

And here is a link to the engine control components on your engine.

·
839 Posts
Thanks for the education, looks like now I can reply to people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts