Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So many of you know my XD was already a victim of a hit and run. Somebody hit my front bumper, didn't leave info and just took off. It's going to cost me about $1000 to replace it. My previous Titan was also hit a few times, same story. Well I work on a construction site and a lot of vehicles get hit. So I bought a dash cam that I've wanted for a long time.

Blackvue 2ch Kit which has a 1080P in the front and 720P in the rear. I got a combo kit which also gives you the Power Magic Pro so it'll run when the truck is off and monitor voltage so it won't kill my battery. The website I bought it from also included a free plastic pry bar which helped make the install maybe 15min. (Haven't wired the Power Magic Pro yet) It'll also record when it senses motion when the truck is off. Additionally, I just found out yesterday that it has capabilities to send notifications to my Apple Watch if the truck is hit. The video has great quality.

Hopefully I can get the next scumbag arrested.

·
2 Posts
Which dash cam did you get? I just ordered the DR650gw-2ch with the PMP. I have a '14 Titan crew cab. I am interested in how you mounted the rear camera. Do you have pictures of the install?

·
1,979 Posts
Which dash cam did you get? I just ordered the DR650gw-2ch with the PMP. I have a '14 Titan crew cab. I am interested in how you mounted the rear camera. Do you have pictures of the install?
He has a XD & this is the XD forum, you'd probably have better luck on TitanTalk for your model.

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the same dash cam I have. It's wonderful.

·
165 Posts
Just saw some videos of what its like driving on Russian roads... now I am reminded of why dash cams are needed :D
I don't think I've ever seen a video from Russian roads where nothing happened. It's always excessive too ! Never just a "fender love-tap" Lol !

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I worked in a Russia a bit witnessed it first hand its hilarious. Guy cuts off our car stops gets out, my driver gets out works over the other guy then gets back in the car and we are on our merry way!

·
1 Posts
Nice thread rapid.. Which dash camera do you recommend? I just purchased one for my new XV and am worried about it functioning properly. Also, the directions are in "English" from the Chinese manufacturer. Useless...

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I purchased the PILOT dashcam (CL-3022WK). records in 720 P and supports up to 32 gig of storage and also has motion detection. Got two of them because wallyworld was blowing them out a 9.00 each. Should have bought more. It also has IR LED's charges off of USB and has battery enough for 8 hours. When I plug it into the computer, the drive info has a shortcut to the gopro website [email protected]

·
5 Posts
I got the 360 Brand car dash cam FHD 1080P wide angle lens with 3" lcd. Very happy with it and for some reason, extra peace of mind.

·
17 Posts
Where are you guys grabbing 12v power? Is there an easy tap in the overhead console so I don't need to run wire down to the fuse box?

·
638 Posts
I got my power straight from the overhead lights. Another source is the wire that feed the rearview mirror (if yours comes with the Homelink mirror). Be careful, though, the manufacture cigarette power is a reduced voltage, not a straight up 12V DC. Some cameras take 5V, some take 9V. Either way, it still has to go thru a reduced voltage to function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts