Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyones dash make creaking noises when they turn a certain way? I didnt know if it was an obvious screw that needs to be tightened. It comes from the passenger side like by the glove box when I sharply turn to the right. Wierd

·
167 Posts
My old Titan with the original chrome rims used to creak when turning. Sounded like I came from passenger side. It was the plastic chrome facing on the rims. Had to change them out as it annoyed me. It may not be the same with yours but thought I'd throw it out there.

·
4 Posts
hey there i have the same problem when i driving on not smooth surface or if i turn .
i found out if you open your door and touch the black rubber sealer top of the door frame its sounds like some sticky glue there , and the black plastic triangle cover over your side mirrors , if they are not in the right place and you touch them they sounds like the same cracking noise !

·
4 Posts
Hey man did they fixed your truck , if yes what was the problem ?
I'm in the shop right now and Nissan send some guy here to check out my truck .
They said maybe they have to take a part my truck because something wrong with the frame

·
207 Posts
I had that noise and thought it was coming from the passenger side. After a week of having somebody ride with me to figure out where it was coming from it winded up being the wire molding for the rear view mirror

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really, what do u mean the wire molding for the mirror? Mine definitely sounds like its coming from the glove box area. It only creaks when I turn right and the suspension flexes.

·
78 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong Realbored .. earlier titans had an issue with the main frame cross member in front of the trans .. the mounting bolts needed to be re-torqued.. or was it the lower control arm bolts??

·
911 Posts
The first gen had some issues with the front diff mounting bolts needing to be torqued if memory serves me. ( 35 years of noises and bulletins does that I guess.)
We have had a couple of XD's that were making noise from the front steering stops rubbing against the control arm. They are suppose to rub against the arm so don't worry about that. Try putting a glob of grease on the arm and nylon stop to see if that helps.

·
4 Posts
On my truck, the compressor suction line had a bracket that bolted under the windshield wipers. The bolt can be seen when you open your hood. I noticed mine was about to fall off when inspecting the truck on the test drive. If the bolt was loose when the truck had less than 100 miles on it, then you may want to check and see if you have that bracket swinging around. I watched the dealer take apart my windshield wiper plastics to get behind the firewall to tighten the bolt before it fell out.

It may not solve your creak noise, but it is worth checking so your compressor line isn't moving around.

·
60 Posts
Mine did the same exact thing, dealer solved it last week; but I don't know why mine did this issue, beacause when I took the truck back from dealer it was late last friday and I could not talk to the tech whos worked on my XD but I will ask him for sure next time I'll pass there.

What I can say it was supposed to take only one day but it took finaly 3 days of work and the truck was serviced for engine oil, fuel filter, transmission fluid, and brake maintenance+ the front passenger side glove box rattle. My salesman told me the truck was almost in pieces... front fender was removed, dash removed etc...

Now rattle is gone but I have a new bug. When I push recycle vent button I hear tok-tok-tok-tok without stop until I come back to fresh air. That what's make me believe that in first the rattle could be the recycling/fresh air control door that was to loose and now it's so tight that the door can't closed. So that's what I guess, I'm gonna have more news next friday when I'll stop talking to tech.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts