Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 XD Cummins (Base -S model). I have made a ton of upgrades to the truck including replacing the halogen bulbs in the headlights with LEDs. I am now at the point where I want to upgrade the entire headlight from the current (Picture #1) to a newer style (See pic #3). The issue is that with the new lights, they have a DRL feature, however, my XD the base model does not have an auto (DRL) feature (See pic #2). Is it possible to somehow get daytime running lights feature for the new lights

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

What I currently have

Camera accessory Peripheral Font Circle Cameras & optics

This is what I want to upgrade to

Light Automotive lighting Camera accessory Automotive design Font

·
2017 Titan XD
111 Posts
I've recently upgraded to the Platinum Reserve, but I had those on my previous XD. Everything is plug and play - the first stage on your lights will bring the DRL up only, then the next stage is DRL and headlight on. My only suggestion is buying some better bulbs with it as it comes with halogens installed.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've recently upgraded to the Platinum Reserve, but I had those on my previous XD. Everything is plug and play - the first stage on your lights will bring the DRL up only, then the next stage is DRL and headlight on. My only suggestion is buying some better bulbs with it as it comes with halogens installed.
So even though i do not have a current DRL or auto light feature, I should still have DRL with these lights?

·
2017 Titan XD
111 Posts
So even though i do not have a current DRL or auto light feature, I should still have DRL with these lights?
Correct, they are wired in already. They come on with the parking lights.

·
104 Posts
Are you talking about the auto lights feature, ie. the lights come on with the truck then turn off after a short delay when you turn off the truck? If so, that is handled by the light switch, not the headlights themselves. In that case you would need a switch from a vehicle with the auto lights feature.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you talking about the auto lights feature, ie. the lights come on with the truck then turn off after a short delay when you turn off the truck? If so, that is handled by the light switch, not the headlights themselves. In that case you would need a switch from a vehicle with the auto lights feature.
No, I'm talking about Full daytime running lights that stay on all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts