Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
310 Posts
I’ll say it again, pedal only lags because of how you drive it. You have to learn how to drive with a turbo… Diesel engines without a turbo are gutless so when that turbo ain’t spooled, you aren’t going anywhere fast. Just learn to prespool.

·
782 Posts
I can tell y’all this much, about a month ago my coolant level sensor went bad and egr. Left it at dealership and once fixed I noticed trans was shifting different. Since this truck left the dealer I have never had this truck shift so good and no dead pedal. I asked what they did and they said nothing. Blows my mind
After they changed my transfer kit and flashed the new software with the emissions real I found the transmission, indeed the whole truck is better, I still run the iDrive though in the AC setting.

·
25 Posts
Was the dead pedal an issue on all of the Cummins models? Or was it something that was improved in the 2018 and 2019 trucks? I test drove a 2019 Cummins and I didn't notice any dead pedal. I actually test drove a 2021 gasser right after the 2019 diesel and noticed the diesel to be a much smoother powertrain. I had a 2020 Ram ecodiesel for a year and that did have some dead pedal but as others have said you need to learn how to drive them differently. You can't just stomp on the pedal in a diesel and expect it to take off. You need to slowly press the pedal down.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts