Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like everyone knows, many XDs have been sitting on dealer lots for a while. I contacted a local dealer close to a month ago to work up a deal on a SL 4X4. At the time, they would only go from a msrp of $57,000 down to $53,400. I walked.

I know dealers like to make quick deals at the end of the month so I figured I would contact them again if they still had the truck on the lot. Yesterday, I sent a text to my salesman simply stating "I see you still have the truck on your lot. One of these days your dealership will realize that to move metal you need to be competitive on price". My salesman replied back 15 minutes later that his sales manager was reviewing our original deal. I then offered him an even $50,000. 5 minutes later he replied "come pick up your truck today".

So long story short, I used the main issue, imho, against them. Many XDs have been sitting on lots for months as dealers simply are to proud of the XD to deal. So I used the situation they created for themselves against them. In total, I received $7300 off sticker.

I know many of you are considering the gas version as its $5,000 cheaper and closer in line on price to what many folks feel comfortable paying. With my discount, I was able to get my XD for $2300 cheaper then what the comparable gas will sticker for. Anyone who is seriously looking, I would use the next few days to put heat on your dealer. The XD is one **** of a truck!

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife bought her Silver Altima new in 2007. I have been extremely impressed at how well the paint has held up. I plan to keep the XD for a very long time so I decided to go with the same color. Hardly shows dirt and conceals swirl marks well.

·
35 Posts
Sweet truck but wouldn't it all be relative, I mean towards the end of the year I fully expect to see prices at 10-12k off msrp. So the gas truck might be 15-17k less. Considering how new the truck is and the time of year, you got a great deal!!

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally dont expect the current model to be discounted anywhere near those figures. Nissan has stated it will take a full 2 years to completely roll out all the XD and 1/2 ton models. Every few months they will release another configuration cheaper in cost then the prior retaining the upper models pricing. I fully believe this so I decided not to wait.

·
348 Posts
There are some dealers starting to discount prices in central FL, some as high as $5,000 from the MSRP, then they are up trading $$s and willing to add extras like free scheduled maintenance.

·
169 Posts
Looks good bud, congrats.

You're right, they have to start dealing or they won't sell any. I've yet to see one that had been purchased, haven't even seen one driving yet. I suspect that will change this summer when folks around here tend to buy new trucks, and of course tourist season. I'll be keeping my eyes open for them towing and how they sit towing whatever it is they're towing.

Enjoy the new truck.

·
26 Posts
I to have decided to wait till late fall and try an purchase a titan XD. Hopefully dealers will offer some discounts, as most of the ones i went to were not willing to go bellow msrp, saying that the trucks are flying off their lots :D

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I really can't complain about my dealings then. Mine only worked out to be a few thousand more then a similar msrp'd ram eco diesel. The ecodiesel was missing a few options like nav, running boards and spray in liner. Which pretty much evens out the price then as my sv premium xd had them.
At the time the ram was $14000 off.

·
169 Posts
And the EcoD pales in comparison to the XD in capacities haha. It's more an econo-minded truck, where the XD is obviously more focused at working, albeit on a smaller scale than the bigger trucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts