Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warning for low DEF came on with, according to the dash gauge, 25% DEF remaining.

I filled up at a truck stop fuel pump with diesel and DEF. The DEF pump clicked off at 3.1 gallons. Yes it was more than what Nissan says to fill, but its summer and I was not worried about freeze expansion and still had about 150 miles to drive and consequently burn off some of the DEF. I don't know how much was left in the tank at 25% remaining, but feel better about only adding 2.5 gallons now.

By the way, I only paid $2.74 per gallon at the pump vs $20+ for a 2.5 gallon jug. I am curious to now see of my DEF mileage is better with the truck stop DEf vs out of a box.

·
1,278 Posts
That's what I do...Speedway pump DEF. Under $3 a gallon. I have 4700 some odd miles on mine and just had my 2nd 3 gal fill up. Not bad at all . I think I've spent around $21 total on DEF since new.

·
1,979 Posts
DEF is DEF so unless you get a bad batch you're not going to see a difference, regardless if it's boxed or from the pump. The big thing is DEF will go bad, especially if it is left outside.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link.

I figure if over the road semis are using pumped DEF it is good enough for my Titan

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy crap, i've put in 6 gallons at 3,500 miles!

But half of that has been in the interstate.

I've pulled trailers for about a 1,000 miles of that as well. trying to break the girl in the right way!

·
31 Posts
Is anyone find a solution to cheat this system? I remember back in days my old diesel ML had plug in thing to think computer has DEF tanks full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts