Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2017 pro 4x with the 5.0. I was wanting to put the filter back exhaust on it for now. Anyone out there know if It would be better to run the 4 or 5 inch pipe. I pretty much just use truck to pull boat.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea pretty much just wasnt sure if 4 or 5 inch would be better in anyway or hurt me in anyway. I'll full delete but not for at least year or so.

·
1,300 Posts
Just buy yourself a nice 5" tip and bolt it on. No point spending 400+ for a DPF back. Just my .02

·
424 Posts
Spend the money on something useful if you're not going to delete for a while...like a pedal commander or idrive

·
118 Posts
I bought mine with a dpf back system, the good part is that you can use it for when/if you delete your truck so it won’t go to waste

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Painted tailpipe black put on a $30 ebay tip
Looks great!!!

What paint did you use for the tail pipe??

And I agree.... even the advertisements for the 4,5” say 1HP gain. That’s a lot of $$ for just one HP. You could get that from just using a high quality fuel.
The paint and tip option will be what I go with till I delete.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
overlooking the obvious

There is also the option of going to a local performance based muffler shop. You already have some pretty nice 4" pipe.
My last diesel had a stock cat that never clogged or impeded performance, hollow dpf can cut open emptied and welded back together and the elimination of a muffler.
It looked stock weighed less and kept me out of trouble with (2) local roadside check stations manned by the CHP (CA).
When I decide to tune mine (when tunes get more sorted) this will be my route....

·
761 Posts
Yup, I have considered that. For now I'll leave it alone until I reach the end of the warranty, can't afford to risk voiding it.

·
Vendor
86 Posts
For those wanting to delete in the future, an exhaust is something you may want to go ahead and make your plans to purchase soon! The only company out there that has a full system right now is Flo Pro, and they have discontinued them all now for EPA regulations. May wanna take advantage of the stock that is left out there!

·
1,507 Posts
I snatched up a Flo Pro today just in case. Might have been a knee-jerk reaction but for $250 I think I will survive. Who knows...it might quad in value! Lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts