Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
1,324 Posts
As long as the pump psi is the same equal flow out of 4 or 5 inch pipe.
Right! There aren't any significant performance gains you acheive from doing a 5" vs. a 4", I just like the tone of them!
5” does sound better! Helps a little if you use a muffler for drone reduction as they slightly reduce flow.

For those who are gonna do big single turbo and injectors later - it’s definitely way to go

·
Vendor
86 Posts
5” does sound better! Helps a little if you use a muffler for drone reduction as they slightly reduce flow.

For those who are gonna do big single turbo and injectors later - it’s definitely way to go
I'll be honest, I did a muffler delete exhaust when I got mine, and it doesn't hardly have any drone, granted I'm used to lb7 duramaxes that are straight piped so my opinion may be a little different haha. But with the quality of the sound deadening in these trucks, I am definitely glad I went no muffler!

·
1,324 Posts

I'll be honest, I did a muffler delete exhaust when I got mine, and it doesn't hardly have any drone, granted I'm used to lb7 duramaxes that are straight piped so my opinion may be a little different haha. But with the quality of the sound deadening in these trucks, I am definitely glad I went no muffler!
Listened to a video of different exhausts all lined up and informational video of flo pro twister and wanted the lower drone but slightly deepened tone this setup provides. The single turbo from cft will be a good bit louder so i wanted to build towards end plan of mods

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Listened to a video of different exhausts all lined up and informational video of flo pro twister and wanted the lower drone but slightly deepened tone this setup provides. The single turbo from cft will be a good bit louder so i wanted to build towards end plan of mods
I see you like to party....:grin2: the kit I got was actually one with a muffler, and I got the delete pipe as well so if I ever want to make it quieter I can just slide that muffler in and be good to go!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts