Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And as of right now they have said they will not make any repairs on the vehicle until i authorize them to do the $800 inspection

·
14 Posts
I would say delete it. But, hard(impossible) to trade it modified. So, maybe best to get it fixed and get rid of it. Buy a f250 or even better f350. Sorry to all those hanging on to their Cummins 5.0 hoping the crank doesn't explode on them.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I would say delete it. But, hard(impossible) to trade it modified. So, maybe best to get it fixed and get rid of it. Buy a f250 or even better f350. Sorry to all those hanging on to their Cummins 5.0 hoping the crank doesn't explode on them.
Who is worried? I'm loving mine. Dont sit here and advertise ford, they just as problematic. Before my dad deleted his f250 he went through 3 egr's before 80k miles.

·
98 Posts
It’s funny how people are still making a big deal about a select few trucks back in 2016 that had a burr on their crank bearing...And I’ve heard of plenty of people that sold their deleted titan back to a dealership and still got KBB. The fact of the matter is if you go and buy a $60-$80,000 pick up truck from Ford, Ram, Chevy they’re going to give you whatever you ask for it.... Anytime I’ve ever bought a new truck I’ve always had a huge bargaining chip in regards to trade in value. Dealerships are a dime a dozen so threatening to go to another one isn’t difficult. Anyone saying that these trucks aren’t worth their salt are just simple, all manufactures have issues.

·
34 Posts
Today came Def see dealer. Check the codes are U029E and P22A7. My guess outlet sensor is faulty.
Question : can anyone to provide a right p/n for the outlet Nox sensor, may be dealer discount. Also it will be nice screen shot the procedure and location of this sensor.
Funny thing I had MB ML320 diesel, had same exact problem about 100k, mine XD is 80,000. So it's shitty sensors don't last more 100K ! another 400 bucks unless someone has discount. Thanks

·
34 Posts
Update. I ordered a new rear Nox sensor from ebay 315 bucks comapre to dealer 615 dollars, installed past weekends, drove about 400 miles since and so far all good. It's intereted I have simple OBD reader, but actually warning went away after mile of driving on its own. I was going to some shop to read code and clear, I thought it need a special diesel tool.

·
60 Posts
If changing your own Fuel Filters what I have found is the drain is bogus never stops the flow of the fuel coming from the tank. But if you let your fuel tank run down as low as possible, enough to get to gas station. It should be no problem easy to do..

·
60 Posts
I have the PR and thought it would be my last truck to retire in. The diesel has been a nightmare. Everytime I leave the dealership I tell the service manager, I will see him again next month for another issue. I do all the routine maint myself but with the EGR, Turbo, Fuel Injector, Transmission and now a DEF, SCR issue it has been a routine monthly visit to the dealer. I wonder why Nissan did not put a drain and routine maintenance schedule for the DEF Tank since it is that critical for reliable operations. But the DEF is suppose to be good for 3 years.. Hard to tell the date on the bottle, especially if you get some from Walmart. I never store more than 1 bottle of DEF but the bottle does not have any date codes on them and who knows what temperature any stores store the DEF at. Nissan engineers did not take care of the customers with this system.. Too bad since other than the power train issues and the OEM tires they put on it is a nice truck.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts