Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2020 becomes more and more fun. So I've currently had my 2016 XD SL at the dealership for almost 2 weeks. Had a DEF system malfunction warning come on a few weeks back. Had a buddy look at it with a computer to see if it would clear.Code popped back up almost immediately. Had to call 4 dealerships to even find a diesel tech to look at. The dealership is almost 80miles from my home. They had my truck for a few days before they could tell me what was wrong. They come back with , the DEF tank needs to be replaced and parts are on back order and would need a few days to tell me a time frame. So now we come to this morning, I've now be notified that the replacement tank and system is back ordered until maybe MID SEPTEMBER!! Yes, that's not a misspelling....MID SEPTEMBER. Truck has 57,000 on it and Nissan refuses to warranty as only the powertrain is 5yr 100k. Luckily I had an extended warranty that approved to cover the repairs. I've loved this truck since the day I bought it but now I am sick to my stomach. I'm assuming this is a rampant issue going on and maybe why the parts are unavailable. Any one out there come across such outrageous lead times on parts and or have had this issue? Obviously I know what I'll be doing with the truck now but the entire situation is absurd.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely. Its in the works. Just the entire situation is ridiculous. But just giving a heads up for folks who cant or don't want to lose parts down on a old country highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts