Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 2016 Titan diesel currently in the dealer for a defective turbo waste Gate. I’m being told that the waste gate is not part of the internal turbo Assembly and won’t be covered by the warranty. Any thoughts?

·
1,097 Posts
You’re probably out of warranty, either way. Correct?

I haven’t heard of a waste gate failing on these trucks.

The wastegate has an electronic actuator as well as vacuum lines attached. Have you check those yet to see if it’s not actuating properly? Or did the dealer diagnose? Looks like a whole wastage assembly is $875 bucks online.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the turbo and internal parts are covered till August of this year but the dealership is telling me the waste gate is not part of the turbo internal parts. From what I can see I don’t know how it couldn’t be?

·
702 Posts
I don't see how the waste gate is not part of the drivetrain. Without it, the engine would not meet the claims made about its performance.

·
31 Posts
They tried to pull the “not part of the drivetrain” when my def pump went out. I never got a answer on how they couldn’t consider it “drivetrain” when the drivetrain wouldn’t operate without it.

They finally agreed to cover 70% of it after a lot of back and forth.

·
241 Posts
They tried to pull the “not part of the drivetrain” when my def pump went out. I never got a answer on how they couldn’t consider it “drivetrain” when the drivetrain wouldn’t operate without it.

They finally agreed to cover 70% of it after a lot of back and forth.
I would’ve just told them you are going to a different dealership. I had to go to 3 different dealerships for my door handle issue. The first two said it was my fault the latch broke, then the last place I went to told me it was a common issue and they would fix it under warranty. It’s unfortunate but you should always shop around dealership Maintenence.

·
1 Posts
Nissan views the waste gate as an emissions item, your advisor could have explained that, but the emissions warranty is different than the powertrain. No idea why it is not powertrain, but the DEF system is the same issue, Nissan continues to struggle with integrating into the diesel world.

·
27 Posts
I would’ve just told them you are going to a different dealership. I had to go to 3 different dealerships for my door handle issue. The first two said it was my fault the latch broke, then the last place I went to told me it was a common issue and they would fix it under warranty. It’s unfortunate but you should always shop around dealership Maintenence.
Only problem from jumping to different dealership is the 150.00 initial inspection fee.

·
5 Posts
I've got to replace my Turbocharger wastegate actuator too. ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET HOLD OF ONE? Everywhere seems on Back order!!!

·
241 Posts
Did they have the waste gates in stock or are you still waiting?
I never had that issue. I was talking about my door handle breaking. Sorry dawg. 97k miles. I haven't had any issues. (Besides broken door handle fixed under warranty) I know a tuner can make it where the actuator stays closed. You'll have loss of power in high RPMs, but the same drivability when driving normal.

·
5 Posts
I never had that issue. I was talking about my door handle breaking. Sorry dawg. 97k miles. I haven't had any issues. (Besides broken door handle fixed under warranty) I know a tuner can make it where the actuator stays closed. You'll have loss of power in high RPMs, but the same drivability when driving normal.
Yeah it's sporadic and temperamental.

·
5 Posts
I used CARiD who after specifically being asked did they actually have it in stock. And assuring me they did, then after taking my money returned it and said they didn't have it :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts