Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 XD 5.0 diesel with about 55k miles. Engine and emissions are completely stock. I’m looking to tune and delete but don’t even know where to start. I can’t really seem to find anything online. They either don’t ship to US or the tuners are made to work with emissions systems. Last year I was looking at getting my stuff from Openwide Performance but I didn’t have the money at the time. Now their website doesn’t even work. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
30 Posts
You'll need to get a Pipe that will replace your DPF and SCR. This would make it a straight pipe setup, which will make the turbos loud as hell. I'd recomend getting a resonator, which won't affect performance, but will reduce noise, from what I've read. I run a straight pipe setup.

You'll need to retuen the truck so it doesn't freak the fuck out when the DPF and SCR are removed. The aftermarket for our trucks isn't that big, unfortunately. What I and seemignly most deleters here use for the hardware is the EZ Lynk Auto Agent 2.0. This is the hardware that connects to the truck. It can be purchased with or without a tune. The cool thing about this setup is that it doesmt piggyback your ecu, it re-writes it. It uses your phone via wifi (you connect to the auto agent like it's a wifi router) and an app for the interface.

You'll need software so the auto agent can actually do something. The 2 software companies I know of that currently allow deleted tunes are CTT (what I have) and Proven Diesel. I have read great things about PD, and I personally enjoy CTT. I bought the unlimited support so when they release an updated tune, I can install it in minutes. You'll need to do some reasearch to compare the two. There's lots of threads on this site for that.

Keep in mind the delete kit doesmt remove the EGR, but the tunes will keep the valve closed so no exhaust gasses are being shat into your intake. CFT peformance makes a kit called The Solution, but it's fucking expensive. Most people just leave the EGR since it's disabled from tuning. I plan to just remove it and install some stainless steel block off plates amd re route the coolant lines. It frees up a lot of space and these EGRs can often have pin hole coolant leaks.

After deleting I removed the DEF tank and line. Tightly wrapped all connectors in a lot eletrical tape to keep water and dirt out. Deleting is the best thing you can do to it. Modern diesel emissions are fucking horrible.

·
10 Posts
I have a 2017 XD 5.0 diesel with about 55k miles. Engine and emissions are completely stock. I’m looking to tune and delete but don’t even know where to start. I can’t really seem to find anything online. They either don’t ship to US or the tuners are made to work with emissions systems. Last year I was looking at getting my stuff from Openwide Performance but I didn’t have the money at the time. Now their website doesn’t even work. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Give me a shout if you are still looking

·
2017 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab
1 Posts
I just ordered my kit from DPF Delete Shop. It ships from northern Washington so I am thinking they send things over from Canada. Looks like similar packages that other shops used to sell. The ezylynk with tunes was $1499 and the straight pipe was $249. I hope to get everything installed next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts