Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
So last week I hit 1000 miles on my Titan XD. I had a delete kit on standby for when I felt comfortable enough to delete the truck. Kit as follows:
P1 4 inch racing pipe
EZLynk tuner with PPEI
S&B cold air intake

Installed the kit in roughly two hours. All in all 1650 for everything. Biggest pain was how heavy the emissions complaint system is and then sealing up all the left over connectors with freezer bags and zip tying them above the frame. I did not run my SOFT switch or permanently leave the unlock cable ran. I also disconnected the tuner after I loaded the ECU profile. To me I’ll spend twenty minutes to plug everything up and load a new tune if need be, rather than my wife or kid switch it to the max tune on the SOFT switch and dog my engine.

if you are mechanically inclined, do not live in a emissions state, do the delete don’t look back.
These issues are fixed from delete:
1. Constant regens and the fuel smell that makes your eyes water during them.
2. I have no worries about letting my truck idle prolong to get it warmed up. Cause no more 24 hour clock for regens.
3. Dead pedal gone, and I run the economy tune.
4. You can hear the truck now coming down the road but it’s still not super loud like a 6.7.
5. Shifts are a lot quicker and the issue of it seeming to find a gear when between 1 & 2 and 2 & 3 are gone.

Fuel mileage, in the mountains I just did a 300 mile trip sight seeing, hand calculated fuel mileage is 20.XX. I expect without me getting on it going around people driving slow looking at bears it could be 21 at most. I went from 375 a fuel tank to 480 maybe more but that’s it what is on the dash display.

New version of PPEI tunes took care of the turbo surge at cruising speed as well.

Please if anyone wants more detail or I forgot to mention something let me know.

·
1,505 Posts
I was hesitant at first to do the SOFT...but ended up putting it on the console just up from my right knee...completely out of sight from normal view. You can only see it if you look under the steering wheel but I can just reach forward and make the change. That change is fun now and then, especially on the interstate. As for the Titan cable I don’t leave it connected.

The install was super easy too. For the whole thing!

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hesitant at first to do the SOFT...but ended up putting it on the console just up from my right knee...completely out of sight from normal view. You can only see it if you look under the steering wheel but I can just reach forward and make the change. That change is fun now and then, especially on the interstate. As for the Titan cable I don’t leave it connected.

The install was super easy too. For the whole thing!
Did you disconnect your egr?

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha true that! I just uploaded the 60 hp tune in my truck after running the 30hp(lowest) for the past two weeks. I didn’t think there would be a difference but holy crap there is LOL. So from the reading I’ve done on the truck in the service manual someone posted on here is that the egr valve needs to be plugged in order to stay closed.

·
1,505 Posts
I love 4 with the exception of the coal when running on the interstate...and it’s not bad until you really get on it but it’s SO much more responsive. 3 is the best all around...
I’ve heard.

·
1,324 Posts
Hahaha true that! I just uploaded the 60 hp tune in my truck after running the 30hp(lowest) for the past two weeks. I didn’t think there would be a difference but holy crap there is LOL. So from the reading I’ve done on the truck in the service manual someone posted on here is that the egr valve needs to be plugged in order to stay closed.
Needs to be romoved completely so u can see the cummins v8 better!

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Needs to be romoved completely so u can see the cummins v8 better!

Have you done the CFT kit? Or is there multiple out there? It’s tempting, I though after the CAI and delete I’d be content but something about this truck makes me want to keep throwing money at it lol

·
1,324 Posts
Have you done the CFT kit? Or is there multiple out there? It’s tempting, I though after the CAI and delete I’d be content but something about this truck makes me want to keep throwing money at it lol
Cft is only option but a great product so dont need options. Got the cft intercooler tubes too.

Attachments

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks sick man! What do you think of the FASS lift pumps they offer for these trucks? I haven’t had an issue with mine but I have read on here that people have issues with their OEM ones

·
1,324 Posts
That looks sick man! What do you think of the FASS lift pumps they offer for these trucks? I haven’t had an issue with mine but I have read on here that people have issues with their OEM ones
Im gonna do fass and titan tank at same time when i find $4k laying on ground. Lol
Or Probably have that saved by xmas.

Just watched a fass video with water poured into tank. None went into truck. Frieken bad a*#

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the 26 gallon tank on these trucks is interesting considering how well built and heavy these things are. I would imagine a 30-35 gallon min for a diesel truck

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But at the same time I don’t give shit about it lol cheaper fill ups at the pump, less weight in fuel being carried around. I honestly love my truck, I’m so glad I got rid of that man made fiat bought out Chrysler junk ram 1500. 86,000 miles of being pissed that the first brand new vehicle I ever bought had so many issues. I somehow made really good on that investment though paying it off quick because the money they gave me for it knocked the price of this truck WAY down. I financed under 30 for this truck without any money down other than trade in. It was also a 2018 with 6 miles on it in June of 2019 so that had a lot to do with it. No one believes me though but I feel like I literally got one hell of a deal from Kirkland nissian.

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So gentlemen, the service manual says to drain all deposits and water from the fuel water separator daily. Does anyone actually do this? Lol I did mine for the first time today no water or deposits came out of the drain. I’m in the Marines and our tactical vehicles have all kinds of repetitive daily maintenance procedures that are bogus and that’s instantly what I thought of when I read it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts