Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
34 Posts
The downpipe has a flange that bolts into the front delete pipe. I just cut a 24" section out of the middle of my front delete pipe and used (2) sleeved clamps that I bought with the resonator. I was going to have it welded into the delete pipe but I couldn't get my truck in without an appointment so I just did the cut and clamp. If I have any issues with the clamps I will have it all welded in.
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

·
64 Posts
Just finished my delete yesterday (HPP SOTF with racepipe) What a difference in throttle response but It sounds like a **** hairdryer now at idle lol. I ordered a 30" FTE Resonator and two clamps to quiet it down like 2fast did.

My question is I had a **** of a time yesterday (by myself) getting all the pipes reconnected especially the one at the back. Can anyone give me any tips on the easiest way to remove the front race pipe to put the resonator in without having to completely remove all 3 of the pipes (or is that the best way). Also, anyone have any issues with the front flange gasket leaking? according to the manual it says to buy a new one........

·
226 Posts
Also, anyone have any issues with the front flange gasket leaking? according to the manual it says to buy a new one........
...Then buy a new one. They're about $70. OR if you can get some exhaust sealant (Fuchs 762) you can try that. It's also very expensive.
http://www.mmxhaust.com/copy-of-fuchs-762-high-temperature-jointing-compound/

As far as getting the pipes on yourself, call a buddy over to aid you. If not try to use jack stands to help you balance the exhaust while you put your muffler in. You're one of the first individuals that didn't like the sound of a deleted XD that I've heard of, but to each their own.

·
1,097 Posts
Wanted to sorta resurrect this thread, somewhat.

It’s nice to have a spot to read some of the chatter from the folks that are tuned/deleted- especially since the tuners have released revised tunes, and others have a decent amount of mileage after deleting.

People can just chime in here instead of 30 ‘finally deleted-holy smokes!’ Threads created.

Plus I want to delete- I need some bad influences!! ?

·
25 Posts
Have 15,000 miles since delete including egr, hpp tunes and have been more than happy with the truck. After coming from 2007 Chevy duramax, prior to the delete the trucks performance was disappointing (I know emissions difference since 2007) . The delete has made the truck a TRUCK!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
1,334 Posts
It’s been just a year since my delete and I haven’t had an update yet. Been to busy to get it done. When towing and hauling, the delete is showing it’s true colors. It’s a beast now. The truck has real power when you need it. With the SOTF control I can dial in how much more power I need. From about 30hp to 130hp. Sweet,sweet, sweet!

·
1,097 Posts
At what mileage have you guys been deleting?

This is actually my second XD, so unfortunately I haven’t even had the first service on this new one completed.

I get a little closer to going for it everyday.

Unrelated, but I read on Instagram that PPEI offers SOTF now? I couldn’t find it on their site- I could just give them a call but I figured I’d ask here first. Also, did their revised tune eliminte turbo flutter and overboosting while on cruise control?

·
7 Posts
Just had my 16" deleted about 3 weeks ago. Have added a S&B pre oiled filter with the soft switch. It seems to me dosnt really matter what setting it is on when I get into it for a few seconds once I let off I hear like a back pressure coming back through the air filter. Has anyone had or heard of this issue. Man the truck is a beast. Ezlink with Gorilla tune

·
1,324 Posts
So in doing that it's not doing any damage to any thing just want to make sure tuning is right
Its a normal occurence on all turbo charged diesels. Good cai and tune will increase air and turbine speed in turn increasing back feed through intake when you get on then let off fast. Its prefererable tuned or not to avoid making a driving pattern of doing that regularly.

Mechanically, if any clamps are loose on cai youll find out when part seperates under the pressure.

·
7 Posts
Thank you guys for the info. The longer I drive the truck the more I am learning how to redrive it tuned if that makes any since. Let me say it is definitely a different truck now. Can't wait to put some weight behind and see how it does!

·
1,097 Posts
How does the truck respond to WOT- absolutely flooring it firm any speed or from a standstill after being deleted?

The way the truck behaves, stock, with WOT really drives me crazy.

I feel as if it just has no clue what to do and it just makes a bunch of extra noise, but doesn’t really accelerate any harder. It feels as if 3/4 throttle gets the truck moving better than WOT.

Any input after the tune?

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
848 Posts
Anyone tow often that's deleted? Hows the noise? Any issues?

·
1,324 Posts
Anyone tow often that's deleted? Hows the noise? Any issues?
Noise is loud with window down. Sounds like a freight train with jet engine. Lol.
It runs faster with a load than unloaded. Shift is firmer and quicker and dead pedal disapears. My truck gets mad at me when its empty. Lol

·
288 Posts
How does the truck respond to WOT- absolutely flooring it firm any speed or from a standstill after being deleted?

The way the truck behaves, stock, with WOT really drives me crazy.

I feel as if it just has no clue what to do and it just makes a bunch of extra noise, but doesn’t really accelerate any harder. It feels as if 3/4 throttle gets the truck moving better than WOT.

Any input after the tune?
try Pedal Commander /iDrive or similar. Sorted out stock WOT and dead pedal issues for me.

Russ

141 - 160 of 194 Posts