Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
1,324 Posts
How does the truck respond to WOT- absolutely flooring it firm any speed or from a standstill after being deleted?

The way the truck behaves, stock, with WOT really drives me crazy.

I feel as if it just has no clue what to do and it just makes a bunch of extra noise, but doesn’t really accelerate any harder. It feels as if 3/4 throttle gets the truck moving better than WOT.

Any input after the tune?
Sounds like a tune problem. This truck tuned hits hard even in Tune 2. Tune 5 is just stupid fast and scary imo

Btw - Cft performance has a huge single turbo kit and it broke the owners drive line there was so much power. Lol

·
1,097 Posts
I already have a Pedal Commander- it has helped tremendously, but it’s still not where I’d like it.

I’m not deleted or tuned- so it’s not an aftermarket tune issue.

Oh the woes of tossing that factory warranty to the wind. I get closer everyday to saying ‘screw it!’ Haha

Love hearing the input from the tuned guys checking in on this thread.

·
1,324 Posts
I already have a Pedal Commander- it has helped tremendously, but it’s still not where I’d like it.

I’m not deleted or tuned- so it’s not an aftermarket tune issue.

Oh the woes of tossing that factory warranty to the wind. I get closer everyday to saying ‘screw it!’ Haha

Love hearing the input from the tuned guys checking in on this thread.
My bad. Tune will further help. Watch video and study the sequential turbo charger we have. Four stages. The lag is inherent and cant be eliminated. Removal and install of Compound turbo setups will be the aftermarket solution. It is a great turbo though for towing. Put a trailer with couple thousand pounds and huge driving experience difference imo.
Further compounding the situation is a transmission presently untunable that was built for longevity and commercial van and truck service.

Our platform will last. It is a niche build. I am very pleased with it - so much so I rarely drive my 2017 and 2018 tuned duallys anymore

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
848 Posts
Looking forward to deleting! Thanks for the response Cowboy.

Anybody running Hardway Performance tunes?
Everything I've read about hardway tunes for THIS truck has been negative. Hardway does make really good tunes for other diesels though, from what I've read. If I were to suggest tunes to someone based on popularity it would be; HPP, Calibrated Addiction, PPEI, proven diesel

·
1,097 Posts
Pretty much exactly what I’ve read, concerning our Titans. Was just trying to find someone that had run them as a tuner and possibly switched for a comparison.

I think HPP will be who I opt for when I delete this year.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
848 Posts
Someone had tried 3 different ones, I think they said HPP was the best of the ones they tried. I've heard 0 complaints about proven diesel. I've heard complaints about hpp, although it's the most popular.

·
190 Posts
How does the truck respond to WOT- absolutely flooring it firm any speed or from a standstill after being deleted?

The way the truck behaves, stock, with WOT really drives me crazy.

I feel as if it just has no clue what to do and it just makes a bunch of extra noise, but doesn’t really accelerate any harder. It feels as if 3/4 throttle gets the truck moving better than WOT.

Any input after the tune?
That's because stock theres a boost limit under 42mph.

Check this out
https://www.facebook.com/309220462535720/posts/1098965166894575/

·
7 Posts
What are you getting mpg and do you use a soft switch. I have a gorilla tune in mine now and the truck runs good but my mpg have went down ever since the tune. And it seems some days the truck runs real good others not so much

·
1,331 Posts
Mpg are pretty much the same as prior to delete,, fuel saving are in no more regens. She runs the same day in and out. I only have the 60hp tune so no need for sotf for me.

·
1,324 Posts
What are you getting mpg and do you use a soft switch. I have a gorilla tune in mine now and the truck runs good but my mpg have went down ever since the tune. And it seems some days the truck runs real good others not so much
Solid 2 mpg mpg increase on tune 2. Average 16 with 33” tires and frequent towing

·
7 Posts
OK so my next big question would be do you guys get a dieseling sound throughout your drive time no matter what to tune you are in. If it was a gas engine I would say it was at a time that is the sound I get all the time

·
1,324 Posts
OK so my next big question would be do you guys get a dieseling sound throughout your drive time no matter what to tune you are in. If it was a gas engine I would say it was at a time that is the sound I get all the time
WTF does this even mean?
Rotfl

I think your talking about a kinda engine and exhaust “drone” which sound quite different diesel vs gas. The engine is much quieter than the old school clack knock sound. With performance oarts and delete rhere is a faint engine sound and a moderate spooling whirr sound. The exhaust dan be quit loud and constant but that can be significantly deminished by use of a quiting muffler such as the twister by flo pro or aince they have quit selling to usa another manufacturer such as mbrp may have one that quirens exhaust drone.

If u get the cft sigle turbo kit all the sounds will be racetrack loud and aint no fix to that. Friggen crazy diesel beast is all youll get

·
9 Posts
Will be deleting using Ezlynk and PPEI tuning. I need help with the race pipe solution. Want to keep the 4-inch pipe and I don't like noise but still wnt perfromance. What exhasut compnents do I ned besides the 4" race pipe?

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Will be deleting using Ezlynk and PPEI tuning. I need help with the race pipe solution. Want to keep the 4-inch pipe and I don't like noise but still wnt perfromance. What exhasut compnents do I ned besides the 4" race pipe?
You can go to ANY exhaust shop and theyll make you a piece to replace the dpf

161 - 180 of 194 Posts