Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had three Titans over the last 20 years but just got my first diesel. A 2016 XD PR 4x4 with just 23k miles. Overall I love this truck. But it does have a pretty serious lag at take off. I’ve seen some of these diesels on you tube that have been deleted and than sound and move like rocket ships. Could somebody speak to me on what this is all about because I’m new to this and really need help on understanding this! I’m sure the restrictions in California are much worse. Talk soon!

·
504 Posts
The primary relationship between diesel trucks that have big performance increases and diesel truck which have had their emissions equipment removed is that owners who are modifying their trucks to increase performance are also removing all the emissions equipment.

There are multiple ways to increase your truck's performance and response off the line that do not necessarily require removing all the emissions equipment. Reprogramming the ECU for higher performance, altering the manner the truck responds to throttle input, changing the turbo boost settings, improved free breathing induction, less restrictive exhaust, all can be achieved with most of the emissions equipment still in place.

Removing emissions equipment can provide even more free flowing exhaust and making working and operating the truck easier, for sure.

NOTE: Removing and/or defeating the emissions equipment is illegal, and many of the manufacturers of deletions kits and major shops that were doing the work have been prosecuted, fined, or had other actions taken against them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
680 Posts
If your in ca ldeleting would mean reinstalling every two years to pass smog, besides it being a federal crime that you could get caught for and the implications could go beyond fine if your a gun owner with the way our country is going. install an idrive, a drop in afe pro guard did a lot. 33” tires improves the truck And makes the speedo dead on. You do not need a lift or to change the rims, but do one anyway. Finally ez-link and five position switch can be purchased and shipped to ca without tunning software, then go on line and purchase a emissions intact tune. Every two years flash back to stock dive around for a day and pass emissions.
miles of smiles

·
25 Posts
If your in ca ldeleting would mean reinstalling every two years to pass smog, besides it being a federal crime that you could get caught for and the implications could go beyond fine if your a gun owner with the way our country is going. install an idrive, a drop in afe pro guard did a lot. 33” tires improves the truck And makes the speedo dead on. You do not need a lift or to change the rims, but do one anyway. Finally ez-link and five position switch can be purchased and shipped to ca without tunning software, then go on line and purchase a emissions intact tune. Every two years flash back to stock dive around for a day and pass emissions.
miles of smiles
Are you running emissions intact tuning?

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes everything is still the way it came new. With the exception of a AFE MOMENTUM Intake and a pedal commander. I tow a nearly 9000lb TT and in Eco mode pretty much does nothing for throttle response 😳

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I talked to pedal commander directly and they say use Eco mode when towing. I would do the City mode on the daily driving!

·
931 Posts
Eco mode makes the pedal not responsive at all. It borderline dangerous how slow it reacts. That’s why it gives you a big WARNING when you activate that mode.

Tow In City+ Modes.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why in the world would the Tech at pedal commander tell me that! What an idiot!
Thanks for your insight! 🤦‍♂️

1 - 9 of 9 Posts