Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this questions been asked before. Sorry if it has.
I have been thinking about deleting my EGR. I am wondering who has done this and what are your thoughts?

·
3 Posts
CFT performance makes a kit called the "solution." Keep in mind it's just the egr delete kit, not a full delete.

However, a full delete will require a tune, wich, as long as you're not running an emissions compliant tune, will simply disable the EGR, meaning the valve will not open, and the EGR will not allow any exhaust gas into your intake manifold. Get an EZ Lynk tuner (the hardware), a program from a company such as PPEI or CFT, etc. (Software) and a "delete pipe" which is a pipe that will replace your DPF and catalyst. A full delte will run you about $1,200, but it can improve milage, power, and WILL elminate the one weakspot a modern diesel have: it's fragile emission control system.

In conclusion, I'd spend your money on a full delete. You'll turn off your egr, get more power, and get rid of the other shit while only spending a little more than just an EGR delete kit.

·
577 Posts
CFT performance makes a kit called the "solution." Keep in mind it's just the egr delete kit, not a full delete.

However, a full delete will require a tune, wich, as long as you're not running an emissions compliant tune, will simply disable the EGR, meaning the valve will not open, and the EGR will not allow any exhaust gas into your intake manifold. Get an EZ Lynk tuner (the hardware), a program from a company such as PPEI or CFT, etc. (Software) and a "delete pipe" which is a pipe that will replace your DPF and catalyst. A full delte will run you about $1,200, but it can improve milage, power, and WILL elminate the one weakspot a modern diesel have: it's fragile emission control system.

In conclusion, I'd spend your money on a full delete. You'll turn off your egr, get more power, and get rid of the other shit while only spending a little more than just an EGR delete kit.
CFT doesn’t sell tunes nor do they write tunes. And PPEI doesn’t offer tunes that disable emissions equipment.

Also, there is one company in Canada that disables EGR but keeps other emissions equipment in place With their tunes.

·
613 Posts
CFT doesn’t sell tunes nor do they write tunes. And PPEI doesn’t offer tunes that disable emissions equipment.

Also, there is one company in Canada that disables EGR but keeps other emissions equipment in place With their tunes.
Not disables EGR, but I will not try that again. Scared the shit out of me when regen kicks in.

·
60 Posts
For those who have "thought about" this EGR delete and have CFT, when removing the small coolant tube, does it simply pull out? I started "researching" but had to halt said research because of this tube. I know its a push in on the top, but on the bottom end, it was really in there. And what is the easiest way to get the bypass off
? There is a bolt that looks nearly impossible to reach Just theory and informational....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts