Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Despite how bad the xd is according to this site

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  atc 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm at boots and hearts country music festival. The star of the campground is my xd. Person after person. The wife was just saying aren't you sick of it. I said no. If it was a gm, ford or ram it wouldn't attract this type of attention.

#3 ·
It's hard to read the title of this thread and not feel inclined to jump to the rescue for this truck. So I must!

I absolutely love mine and am very impressed with the function, build, and quality overall. Sure there are some things that are popping up with some folk's trucks, but what new truck from any manufacturer doesn't experience the same? I know that all too well with my past (new) Silverado and the new Ram I bought a year and a half ago. My neighbor's brand new F150 is in the shop as I type having the rear diff replaced under warranty. So, moral of the story is that we should not be too hard on this truck.

Your truck looks great and please don't think I took your post as being hard on the truck. I just feel bad about the folks that may see the thread and take it at poor face value.

I am incredibly thankful that Nissan took the time to design such a darn functional and perfectly sized and capable truck for this niche that we all have in common and love. Many good smiles ahead with this beast!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
Thank you for your post, yes the title was more sarcasm then anything. There isn't a vehicle I have owned that commands the attention of the xd good or bad. I am so surrounded by brand loyalists it's funny. I have two very good friends that own tow companies. One is pro ram the other pro ford. Both have added new trucks to there fleet similar time frame I have owned my xd. And the amount their tried and tested models have been in the shop to my pretty much zero on the xd is laughable. I think that's why I get my back up here. I hear it all the time about the xd then come here and same thing people spewing about it. But most of those have no experience with one as I do. Funny thing is my ram friend is pretty much ready to pull the trigger on an xd for his personal vehicle.

#5 ·
I agree. Over all I love this truck so much more than my rams. Yes they have some little issues here and there but nothing like I've seen with my old 2011 Ram.

My Ram I had front end issues right from the get go, the upper track bar bushing fell apart at 4k was in a full on death wobble going 110km on the highway. Dodge changed it out and than I go to leave the dealership and the wheel was stuck turning right. The tech forgot to tighten up the bolts holding the track bar in place and it jammed against the tierod locking my steering......

Needless to say I'm happy with my truck as it hasn't tried to kill me yet lol knock on wood.

Also our last camping trip a lot of people were coming over and chatting about the truck saying they never thought that this truck was this strong. Pulling our 35' 5er we were passing f150s left right and center up the hills guys at the camp site that we passed were very impressed and started to second guess there truck and it's ability.

#12 ·
Atc, back to your topic title. Your posts at the 1500 ecodiesel forum get similar responses as here. For the unbiased pickup enthusiast, there aren't many nice things to say about the Titan XD. I'm not sure where else you post but XD feedback has been honest and generally underwhelmed. You're fighting an uphill battle.

#13 ·
Actually I have had alot of pm's from that side. More civilized discussions there. I did post there with the intent to not dis the ram, just give a view from the other side. The biggest thing the ram ecodiesel has going for it is economy no one can argue that. That's what most of them are hooked on.

#15 · (Edited)
I am an unbiased truck owner. I am not sure if I am an enthusiast though.
I own the first year release of the 1st Generation Titan. I look for value (everyone has different needs), comfort, and quality.
I don't consider myself to be loyal to any brand.
I don't care if it is made by leprechauns, that is just how unbiased I am.
I have a friend who will drive nothing but Chevrolets, but he likes my Titan. He insists on Genuine GM Parts, even down to the oil and air filters (not necessarily the best value) in my opinion.
So, we all have opinions, and they will often differ, and that is my unbiased opinion:wink2::grin2:

#16 ·
It's funny that every time AT&T gets butthurt on a different thread, here comes one of these bragging posts. There's a new one about every 100km. And still no problems, except a small irregularity on the steering wheel, right? That 7k trailer gets heavier and heavier every post, too. Lol

#20 ·
No but hurt here must have the wrong at&t.

Not to turn this into a trailer weight thread. Mine is a prime example 7500 lb factory trailer weight. On the scales it's way over that.

What are you talking about only the steering wheel issue? What about rodent chewed under hood foam.

Have a nice day:)

#21 ·
Despite how bad the xd is according to this site I'm at boots and hearts country music festival. The star of the campground is my xd. Person after person. The wife was just saying aren't you sick of it. I said no. If it was a gm, ford or ram it wouldn't attract this type of attention.
"Bad" is subjective right? I mean, it's an opinion that differs with different variable that are each weighted differently for each person and usually depends on their needs and/or preconceived ideas. I don't think anyone here has called it a bad truck. Instead, they have criticized it shortcomings. YOU have extrapolated "bad truck" from other peoples criticism (which has been mostly fair criticism IMHO).

In my case, the truck originally disappointed me because I thought I was the prime demographic for this truck. Nissan perked my appetite with the Cummins diesel, MORE than 12,000lbs towing, integrated goose neck!!!!! Wow, perfect for my 10,000 poundish future 5th wheel right??? WRONG. Nissan missed the boat with payload numbers and essentially killed what I though would be the perfect truck for me. Does that equal bad? No, it just means the truck doesn't do it for me. Especially when a truck that does (250/2500) can be had for just a few thousand more.

However, I and other people here, have said that value does matter. Bring down the prices to increase the gap between the 250/2500 series trucks and this truck becomes an excellent truck! Ultimately it seems that everyone who really only considered a 150/1500 series truck really has no problems with the XD because it meets all those performance qualifications. Those who are still on the lower end of a 250/2500 series truck are disappointed with the XD because it still hasn't really solved their problems.

#23 ·
I have stated before I don't know why Nissan invested so much in showing it as a goose neck truck. Money should have been spent showing it as a bumper pull truck. Instead having a factory goose neck hitch money should been spent on bumper pull aids as standard equipment.
We are also from different countries and we have $10,000 off right now right off the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.