Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the comments section of a TFLTRUCK video that a girls husband is a Nissan tech certified on the XD diesel. He says that its detuned during break in suggesting that the tuning changes after so many miles? Has anyone else heard about this?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I don't think it's necessarily true. But I know mine has woken up alot since new that's for sure.

·
1,300 Posts
Well this is true, but one will never know unless your a Cummins ECM Engineer. Cummins does have break in modes on some of there engines, on all of them who knows. I would not put it past them to have some kind of internal break in procedure, set on run time hour and what not.
Also There are lots of other manufactures and engine companies that do have a derated break in... BRP has that on there new sleds and pwc's.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is true, but one will never know unless your a Cummins ECM Engineer. Cummins does have break in modes on some of there engines, on all of them who knows. I would not put it past them to have some kind of internal break in procedure, set on run time hour and what not.
Also There are lots of other manufactures and engine companies that do have a derated break in... BRP has that on there new sleds and pwc's.[

Thank you for the info. It would be interesting to know at what level it is. I mean mabey it would explain alot of mpg complaints?

·
1,300 Posts
yea im thinking the MPG issues are more to the regen side of things right off the bat. These tucks are just dumping fuel in on regens at first. I know my truck has been really good with its regens lately minimal burn and not long at all compared to the first 5 or 6 that ive had that took forever and drank a pile of fuel.
Like "ATC" is saying im starting to see my trucks MPG creep up and up. so yea i would assume there is something set in the comp. im sure when people are getting around that 15-20K they will see them a touch more lively.

·
1 Posts
This is good to know. I have recently purchased a 2017 and have logged about 3,500 miles in just over a month. Mileage definitely gets bad when it regens...5-7 MPG for about 20 miles. I have noticed that it seems to do it more with more city/stop and go driving. other than that the worst tank I've experienced was 17.5 and the best 21.5...trailering a 2 horse trailer (~7500 lbs) from Atlanta to Panama City, Florida I got 11.5, beats the heck out of my 2002 F150 at 12.5/15 and 8 pulling the same trailer. Do the regens stop at the recommended 6,000 mile breakin?

·
1,979 Posts
This is good to know. I have recently purchased a 2017 and have logged about 3,500 miles in just over a month. Mileage definitely gets bad when it regens...5-7 MPG for about 20 miles. I have noticed that it seems to do it more with more city/stop and go driving. other than that the worst tank I've experienced was 17.5 and the best 21.5...trailering a 2 horse trailer (~7500 lbs) from Atlanta to Panama City, Florida I got 11.5, beats the heck out of my 2002 F150 at 12.5/15 and 8 pulling the same trailer. Do the regens stop at the recommended 6,000 mile breakin?
No, the regens are for the ever unless you do full delete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts